Sponsored

Whats your favorite truck and topper combination?

• Total voters

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the group and hope my first post is helpful to the community.

I haven't reserved my maverick yet, but I do know I would want a soft top. I have 2 dogs, go camping and want a soft top so I can easily pop it open or close depending on what I'm doing.

I'm not sponsoring softopper.com, but I do like their products and I'm basing the following rending mockups off their Ford Ranger 2021 size (Closes things to a Maverick in bedside)

The following are for the Hot Pepper Red, Area 51 and Cactus Grey.

So far I like the Cactus grey and brown top.
What do you like?

Also, if you guys want to see other colors or side angles, let me know and i'll try my best .

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 1

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 2

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 3

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 4

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 5

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 6

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 7

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 8

Ford Maverick Truck Colors & Soft Top Combinations (mockups) Truck & Truck Top Combinations on 2022 Maverick (MOCKUPS) 9
Sponsored

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully some manufacturer out there will think about it.
Yeah. I'd prefer composite rather than soft, though. It seems like it would be the best way to save on stocking costs (and thus provide a lower price point) since it would fit every Maverick made for at least the next couple of years.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want a topper that matches the color of the plastic trim on my Cactus Grey.
Pretty sure the black would match? I assume you're talking about the bumper, bed sides, etc?

That was my vote (have CG on order), I'm seriously thinking about going with a softtopper + cheap tri-fold soft tonneau. I have a cheap Gator tri-fold soft tonneau on my 2019 ranger and no regrets about it - grabbed it from amazon warehouse too for about $160.

If I had gone with A51, that beige topper looks pretty hot as a nice offset/contrast!

OP
OP
stewarthz

stewarthz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SILVERADO
Yeah. I'd prefer composite rather than soft, though. It seems like it would be the best way to save on stocking costs (and thus provide a lower price point) since it would fit every Maverick made for at least the next couple of years.
I currently have a composite top on my Silverado and I like it. Except, when I want go out to socialize and don't want my truck to look like the company construction truck.

Since this truck is being marketed to a younger audience, I think having that flexible top or the traditional tonneau cover, will appeal more to this segment. My guess is this audience will also prefer the hybrid version.

Then the 2.0L ecoboost will attract the audience who prefers the composite topper to keep equipment secure and doesn't mind the bulky look.

Maybe?

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have a composite top on my Silverado and I like it. Except, when I want go out to socialize and don't want my truck to look like the company construction truck.

Since this truck is being marketed to a younger audience, I think having that flexible top or the traditional tonneau cover, will appeal more to this segment. My guess is this audience will also prefer the hybrid version.

Then the 2.0L ecoboost will attract the audience who prefers the composite topper to keep equipment secure and doesn't mind the bulky look.

Maybe?
I'm imagining one that's a bit sportier than a work topper.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
None of the above. I prefer matching the topper to the truck.

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me NOTA
None Of The Above.....
Nice to see the potential choices for folks that will utilize a topper but for me I am going to use the open bed as a hauler of odd shaped items. A pickup bed 🛻 ✔

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a prior owner of at least a half dozen convertible sports cars, I LOVE this idea. LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! With my order being Cyber Orange, I’d probably go with a black soft top.

One option I‘d like to see though is some clear side windows so it doesn’t feel so much like a a cave or even worse, a coffin.

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the photographs, but I'm not a fan. Wear and tear would be an issue for me and I think it spoils the lines of the truck. Just my opinion. :)

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely would not use it all the time. Depends on the cost, I can see it working when I go camping. Also seems like it won’t take up that much space in the garage when not in use. Ok I’m starting to dig it in black and Area 51.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Making my own... 1/2 plywood, black rhino lined with 6 poles that adjust so it will look/function like a tonneau. Will have a piano hinge in it to give access to the bed. And using black cotton canvas stapled to the wood and using velcro to attach to the bed itself to seal it when raised. Also will have a removable awning portion to use the entire topper as a tent when the tailgate is opened.. the entire topper or tonneau will be removable in less than a minute or two hopefully. Why pay 100s and not get what u want when u can do it yourself and build to suit... lol
Sponsored