2.0L EcoBoost

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I also thought that would be great, but unless you are skinny or like being real close to your sweetie when you sleep, it might be better to use it for solo camping if it becomes available. I am on vacation in an AirBnB with a Queen bed and it is a bit too cozy for us. The queen bed is 5' wide, so unless it is like the Tuff Stuff Delta (designed for 2 people), I personally think it would be a bit of a rough sleep for the ones that extend out of the bed.

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
A camper would be amazing. I would settle for a truck tent that takes advantage of the full gate down length of the bed

Sponsored

OP
OP

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, I prefer my teardrop since I can unhitch it and have my truck at the ready. It is amazing the engineering that is going into campers etc for cars/trucks now. Here are a couple that are out there now for Jeeps, midsize and full size trucks. Making them smaller shouldn't be to difficult. The bed space width and length will be an issue. For a solo camper to go into the backwoods to trout fish etc and have a bed to sleep in and stand up in would be great. The AT overland design fixes that problem. I almost purchased the AT before deciding to build my own teardrop.

https://ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/jeep-hard-top-popup-camper-package.html

https://atoverland.com/pages/at-habitat-truck-topper

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Something like the Go Fast Campers could be a good match too

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Something like the Go Fast Campers could be a good match too
Their system would work well on the Maverick!

My work is the importer and distributor of Alu-Cab products so I would love to see an option from them available on the Maverick -- especially if you remove the rear glass and have a passthrough available since it's a unibody construction.

With that being said, if you guys are interested for specific products from any manufacturer, be sure to reach out to them with emails. It's very difficult to gauge interest for products on different platforms. There needs to be demand to cover costs of R&D and put resources into it.

Ford Maverick Truck camper sleeper for Maverick? Alu-Cab-Canopy-Camper-10

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Came across this thread while searching for news of campers for the Maverick.

I'm interested in a slide-in camper as opposed to a truck topper with a pop-up tent. Main reason being, I can drop a slide-in at camp and drive around, or drop it at home and put on a bed cover for the time I'm not camping.

I like the Maverick's low bed. I had a slide-in when I had my first F-250. It was great, but I had to climb a flight of stairs to go in and out. The floor of the pickup bed was nearly dock height (stock suspension, but camper prep package) and the floor of the camper was a few inches above the bed.

The dream setup right now would be the OEV Camp-M. Base weight is 975lbs.
https://overlandex.com/camp-m/

The realistic setup would be the FWC Swift Shell. I don't need much except a reasonably comfortable bed, space to store stuff, and space to set up a porta-potty and a shower stall.
https://fourwheelcampers.com/model/swift-model-pop-up-truck-camper-leader-mid-size-trucks/

Since the Swift Shell is an empty space, I'd consider leaving it on full-time. Yeah then something like a truck topper with a pop-up would give even more space, but the Swift is self-contained and can be moved to a different truck.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be suprised if fourwheelercamper, ursa minor, etc will make one to fit the maverick even if it is possible

They cant keep up on midsize or full size demand and dont have fit kits for all manufacturers yet for midsize and full size. The new Frontier and Tundra will get priority

Plus the lack mattress length on a Maverick will exclude many customers

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
I’m interested to see if someone can actually make it works. I have a truck camper now on my F250 and it would be freakin awesome to have a truck camper on a truck that get more than 12 mpg (my 2000 F250).
things to think about though:
There a difference in Ford’s Marketing saying a payload and real payload, learn that lesson in getting my truck camper. Best thing you can do is take your maverick with whoever you plan on taking and the gear you plan on taking and take it to a cat scale and make sure your tank is full, That weight subtracted from your gvwr is you true payload.
most truck campers require special gear, but maybe if it’s light enough you don’t have to work about.
I have airbags on my truck, you will need a rubber floor mat and tie down system torklift fast guns the only way to go for sure.
Make sure you do you own research RV will lie to you to get you to buy, some of them could careless if doesn’t actually work for u and RV lose so much value after it rolls off the lot. I’m in a trucker camper form and this guy got tricked to buy a camper that way to big for his truck and was stuck with a 50k note and no body is going to pay that for a used truck camper.

I just share as a precaution from someone who owns a truck camper. But My maverick will be the second vehicle we like to bring with the truck camper. Want something small and good gas mileage to go around town on our trips.

if you get it to work please post pictures I bet that would be neat on a Maverick… Scout looks like a lightweight option maybe that could work .

TexasMaverick88

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
I’m interested to see if someone can actually make it works. I have a truck camper now on my F250 and it would be freakin awesome to have a truck camper on a truck that get more than 12 mpg (my 2000 F250).
things to think about though:
There a difference in Ford’s Marketing saying a payload and real payload, learn that lesson in getting my truck camper. Best thing you can do is take your maverick with whoever you plan on taking and the gear you plan on taking and take it to a cat scale and make sure your tank is full, That weight subtracted from your gvwr is you true payload.
most truck campers require special gear, but maybe if it’s light enough you don’t have to work about.
I have airbags on my truck, you will need a rubber floor mat and tie down system torklift fast guns the only way to go for sure.
Make sure you do you own research RV will lie to you to get you to buy, some of them could careless if doesn’t actually work for u and RV lose so much value after it rolls off the lot. I’m in a trucker camper form and this guy got tricked to buy a camper that way to big for his truck and was stuck with a 50k note and no body is going to pay that for a used truck camper.

I just share as a precaution from someone who owns a truck camper. But My maverick will be the second vehicle we like to bring with the truck camper. Want something small and good gas mileage to go around town on our trips.

if you get it to work please post pictures I bet that would be neat on a Maverick… Scout looks like a lightweight option maybe that could work .
Also I wonder about CG on the maverick and if a truck camper would fit in between the wheel well guess will find out soon enough
Sponsored