First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been obsessing over what can be towed with the Maverick even though I've never towed anything in my life and I don't camp, lol. These tiny sub 2000lb campers are just so small though.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: TCK

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really? Widthxheight
What really matters is the aerodynamic drag coefficient times the cross section area, CdA. You can find that for lots of vehicles, including trucks. It's harder to find for trailers, especially when you would have to account for how much the truck would "shadow" the drag of the trailer. I'm sure that's why they just give the frontal area of the trailer. There's too many variables.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
What really matters is the aerodynamic drag coefficient times the cross section area, CdA. You can find that for lots of vehicles, including trucks. It's harder to find for trailers, especially when you would have to account for how much the truck would "shadow" the drag of the trailer. I'm sure that's why they just give the frontal area of the trailer. There's too many variables.
There is no coefficient of drag limitations, nor a reduction from what is behind the truck. There is simply an area limit, wxh.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My camping days are over, but for the Maverick, this is the way I would go.
Over? That is the saddest thing I have ever read.

Sponsored

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over? That is the saddest thing I have ever read.
Sad!? Nah. C'mon. I've had a pickup camper, two travel trailers and a motorhome, and I don't remember how many camping tents, backpack tents, sleeping bags, backpacks and portable stoves. We've just changed our accommodations. My wife and I hike several times a week. We'll be at the El Tovar hotel at the Grand Canyon in February. We've spent three winters in Puerto Vallarta. We have plans to go back to Zion, The Tetons, The Cascades and Banf - staying in hotels.

Nope. Not sad, just different.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Jayco weights 1585, the hybrid Maverick weights 3674, the Maverick's GCWR is 6010.
6010 - (1585+3674) = 751. As long as you, your family, friends, gear and fuel don't weigh more than 751 you're good to go.

I'd question the 20 SF frontal area limitations, since the frontal area of the Maverick itself is about 30 SF.

1625183733015.png
I think that restriction has to do the the effects of the turbulence coming off of the back of the truck and hitting what is being towed behind. "Exceeding these limitations" mean it is doable but your speed and your MPG will suffer greatly.

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have ordered the 2.0 ecoboost FWD with 4k tow. We are going to be pulling this awesome little trailer 14BH:

1630088706830.png

https://travelliterv.com/rvs/2021-rove-lite-travel-trailers/

Hitch Weight
Hitch Height
17"
GVWR
2,500 lbs
UVW
1,850 lbs
Cargo Carrying Capacity
650 lbs
Exterior Length
16'6"
Exterior Height
8'1"
Exterior Width Body
6'6"
Exterior Width Body w/Awning
7'1"
Exterior Width w/Wheel Wells
7'11"
What is the interior height please? I didn't find it on their website somehow. My son is 6'4" so I'm looking for a two-bed option that has a bed long enough for him and ceiling high enough. Thanks!

jeffdeq

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Platinum Energi, 2020 F150 King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have wondered if you couldnt build a platform to set up a large tent, something with with the partially lowered tailgate in mind.
This is a good idea. Try putting a platform on a small, one axle boat trailer that you can set up a tent on. Put your gear in the bed of the truck. Overflow gear can be carried on the trailer platform to stabilize the load. By lowering any wind resistance will be safer for towing.
If you are not experienced in RV towing, just watch some YouTube videos for an insight into the bad things that can happen in bad traffic and bad cross winds.
It is not rocket science, but you really need a lot of experience with towing. Common sense helps too.

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
What is the interior height please? I didn't find it on their website somehow. My son is 6'4" so I'm looking for a two-bed option that has a bed long enough for him and ceiling high enough. Thanks!
Interior height is 6 feet. Bed length is 74 inches or 6.1 feet

Last edited:
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
You'd do what now? That trailer's dry weight is over 3x the max tow rating of the hybrid and even well beyond the 2.0EB with 4K package limitations.
He must have been joking.... Or he works for them and wanted us to go look! :ROFLMAO:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm actually thinking of getting the hybrid. I would first use it to tow HQ19 black series https://www.blackseries.net/travel-trailers/
Yeah, the tongue weight of the H21 is 1000 lbs. It is a beauty inside and out and expensive($100,000). Mostly built in China.

SO.. you gonna put a $100,000 trailer in back of a $25,000 truck that is 1/2 the weight of the trailer or are you going to opt out and get the smallest one?

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been wanting one of these then they stopped making them due to Covid-

https://aliner.com/campers/grand-ascape-plus/
Have had a full size Class B Motor home, smaller camper (if you can not stand up, take a pass), do you have to have a bathroom, so much easier to camp at a campground with showers and bathrooms. Currently owned ALine is such a great compromise, folded down you erase the wind resistance and have rear visibility, set up time is less than a tent...and you can stand up, and weight is easily handled by a Maverick Hybrid....and look for a camper that has no seams that could potentially leak....leaks at seams are the greatest nuisance to any trailer/RV... Have had 3 RV's/Trailers and the A-Line is such slick idea...and greatly simplifies camping.

I love the looks of Teardrops....but if you are considering one...try laying down or sleeping in one for an hour...if you are the least bit claustrophobic test before committing. RV'ed from Atlanta to Arctic Circle (Alaska) and 40 days in RV/Camper sites , listening to everyone's experience was an eye openers. Wind resistance of a trailer taller than the pull vehicle is critical. Height to stand up, critical. Over mountain passes you realize braking is more important than anything else. Hard braking will usually have over weight trailers pushing your smallish pull vehicle Sideways.
Sponsored

Last edited: