First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last nights @fordvideoguy video mentioned changing dealership after you have placed an order. I didn’t know this was a possibility without starting a new order with a different dealer. How would that work?

I ask because my dealer has been less than pleasant to deal with. They won’t show me the visibility report, won’t change the priority number, and told me they put my email address on my Dora when they clearly didn’t. Just don’t have a lot of confidence with the lack of communication. Sad part is the sales guy is helpful but the sales manager is the one that refused all the things I listed above. I asked the manager specifically and he refused all that.

I did call the 800 number and they added my email and confirmed my order, so there is that….but if I could change the dealer without loosing my place that might be what I should do.
Sponsored

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last nights @fordvideoguy video mentioned changing dealership after you have placed an order. I didn’t know this was a possibility without starting a new order with a different dealer. How would that work?

I ask because my dealer has been less than pleasant to deal with. They won’t show me the visibility report, won’t change the priority number, and told me they put my email address on my Dora when they clearly didn’t. Just don’t have a lot of confidence with the lack of communication. Sad part is the sales guy is helpful but the sales manager is the one that refused all the things I listed above. I asked the manager specifically and he refused all that.

I did call the 800 number and they added my email and confirmed my order, so there is that….but if I could change the dealer without loosing my place that might be what I should do.
I believe he was referring specifically to the F150 Lightning order process. This would not apply to the Maverick.

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe he was referring specifically to the F150 Lightning order process. This would not apply to the Maverick.
That was my understanding as well.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

I was talking about reservation not order for the Lightning.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
When I called Ford directly griping about almost identical complaints you had regarding your dealership, they told me they could transfer my order to another if I was unhappy with my current dealer. In the end I didn't go through with the process as they are a larger dealership so I am banking on their allocations, plus they are not adding any dealer fees or markup, but it is possible to transfer your Maverick order apparently.
Sponsored