Sponsored

Eaglevirtue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
So here's a few pics of my install of the Home Depot Trac One Ladder rack ($407 with tx), essentially the same as the the Thule Trac one just not paying extra for the name. Think it came out pretty good a few alterations needed to be made as follows
- Vertical legs/posts needed to be cut down to 18" to get the look shown, the standard set is about 6"s longer and just way to high in my opinion to sit on maverick. you will need a 3/8"-16NC to tap posts after you make cut. Remember to use some oil when tapping and it will tap no problem, you'll have to go full length of standard thread tap and it will work fine think its about 1 1/2". Oh yeah, make sure your tap and cut are used at top mounts if you use them at bottom you'll have to tap deeper.
- Second tip use same tap to clear out threads on bed clamps, this will make your life a whole lot easier and just remember some thread lock which does not come with clamps. Not a fan of the allen head bolts, but i suppose makes it harder for someone as to not take a rachet to it.
-Finally make sure vertical post pads sit inside the decorative seam on rails not on top, if not you'll get a plastic deformity on rail like the last pic, i moved pad in some and it kinda went away. there seems to be a small gab from metal bed to plastic rails so when you clamp down it bends, oh well not terrible.
- Also i took off, antenna radio works well without it, i drove truck round without it for 2 month before i realized dealer left it in glove box.

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1100

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1101

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1106

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1104

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1105

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1102

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1103

Ford Maverick Trac One Depot Ladder Rack Install IMG_1107
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, that looks like it might even clamp over the factory tri-fold cover (when folded up all the way or removed with rails still in place)

OP
OP
Eaglevirtue

Eaglevirtue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Thanks, that looks like it might even clamp over the factory tri-fold cover (when folded up all the way or removed with rails still in place)

Oooh that i couldn't tell you, i would think cover would sit on top of bed rails from the ones i seen and this system would interfere i believe, but i could be wrong.

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great!

Sponsored

Ranchlife

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy PU,Toyota PU,YJ JEEP,Fusion,Elantra,Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So here's a few pics of my install of the Home Depot Trac One Ladder rack ($407 with tx), essentially the same as the the Thule Trac one just not paying extra for the name. Think it came out pretty good a few alterations needed to be made as follows
- Vertical legs/posts needed to be cut down to 18" to get the look shown, the standard set is about 6"s longer and just way to high in my opinion to sit on maverick. you will need a 3/8"-16NC to tap posts after you make cut. Remember to use some oil when tapping and it will tap no problem, you'll have to go full length of standard thread tap and it will work fine think its about 1 1/2". Oh yeah, make sure your tap and cut are used at top mounts if you use them at bottom you'll have to tap deeper.
- Second tip use same tap to clear out threads on bed clamps, this will make your life a whole lot easier and just remember some thread lock which does not come with clamps. Not a fan of the allen head bolts, but i suppose makes it harder for someone as to not take a rachet to it.
-Finally make sure vertical post pads sit inside the decorative seam on rails not on top, if not you'll get a plastic deformity on rail like the last pic, i moved pad in some and it kinda went away. there seems to be a small gab from metal bed to plastic rails so when you clamp down it bends, oh well not terrible.
- Also i took off, antenna radio works well without it, i drove truck round without it for 2 month before i realized dealer left it in glove box.

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg
thanks for sharing, been hoping to do the same, only issue is having a bed cover. dont want to pay 1500 plus for a combo much. i think i can live without cover.

Tim M

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for posting, this is exactly what I was hoping to find out. I don’t want a rack that sits a foot above the cab. Can you tell me how wide the spread is between your bars?
Sponsored