rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fwiw my truck wouldn’t learn the sensors using the hazard method. I needed to use the brake / key cycle mentioned above in post 9.
Just went out and tried brake / key cycle method with the generic TPMS19 tool - still no go.

Either the TPMS tool doesn't work, the TPMS is bad, or the tire shop did not install the TPMS that I gave them...
Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just went out and tried brake / key cycle method with the generic TPMS19 tool - still no go.

Either the TPMS tool doesn't work, the TPMS is bad, or the tire shop did not install the TPMS that I gave them...
Did you try to release air from the wheel you’re training?

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you try to release air from the wheel you’re training?
That - I did not do this time around. How much air should be released? When doing the hazard method, I tried releasing quite a bit of air and didn't work. I might try again tomorrow or wait for another tool to come on Friday and try them all at once... if none works - I'll probably swing by a America's Tire (Discount Tire) and see if they can use their tool to check for TPMS.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of new tire sensors turn off after tire has not moved for 10-30 minutes and will turn on when you start driving. It seems like someone posted that it could take several miles for the sensors to turn on and for the automatic relearn to occur as your Ford will be looking for your old sensors for several miles before it starts looking for new ones. So it could take 15-20 miles or? If you use the manual method either with the learn tool or the procedure for the truck to do it you have to drive the truck enough to turn the tpms on and complete the procedure before the tpms turn off to save the battery. So it can last 125-150k miles or ten years. When your truck found three tires and not the fourth you most likely did not drive it enough and the truck has to repeat procedure to find all tires in the LF,RF,RR,LR in that order in order to know it has found which tpms is where!

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of new tire sensors turn off after tire has not moved for 10-30 minutes and will turn on when you start driving. It seems like someone posted that it could take several miles for the sensors to turn on and for the automatic relearn to occur as your Ford will be looking for your old sensors for several miles before it starts looking for new ones. So it could take 15-20 miles or? If you use the manual method either with the learn tool or the procedure for the truck to do it you have to drive the truck enough to turn the tpms on and complete the procedure before the tpms turn off to save the battery. So it can last 125-150k miles or ten years. When your truck found three tires and not the fourth you most likely did not drive it enough and the truck has to repeat procedure to find all tires in the LF,RF,RR,LR in that order in order to know it has found which tpms is where!
My commute to work is about 20-30 minute depending on traffic; about 10 miles in total one way.

Assuming the manual learning method might trigger it to hopefully relearn the next time it starts, I'm hoping it'll detect some signal from one of the sensors.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My commute to work is about 20-30 minute depending on traffic; about 10 miles in total one way.

Assuming the manual learning method might trigger it to hopefully relearn the next time it starts, I'm hoping it'll detect some signal from one of the sensors.
I'll look for a post from awhile back. Seems like someone said there were some vin #'s that may have had tpms with different frequencies due possibilities of constraints. There were two different part nums for maverick tpms. May have just been different suppliers???

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Formula11

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL AWD AREA51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I swapped rims I had a hard time getting the sensors to learn to the truck turned out the pressure gauge I was using was off. The psi had to be over 36psi or it would not learn.

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fwiw my truck wouldn’t learn the sensors using the hazard method. I needed to use the brake / key cycle mentioned above in post 9.
Now I am curious.. What is hazard method?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did it honk the horn that it went into learning mode and the tool then wasn't able to activate? Or were you not able to put it in learning mode at all?

I've never had the releasing air method work on the Fords in our fleet. Even my big chunky aftermarket tool didn't want to activate OEM Ford sensors so I got the Motorcraft 'garage door opener' one.

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I swapped rims I had a hard time getting the sensors to learn to the truck turned out the pressure gauge I was using was off. The psi had to be over 36psi or it would not learn.
I will try to inflate it to 37psi before the drive this morning then.

OP
OP

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did it honk the horn that it went into learning mode and the tool then wasn't able to activate? Or were you not able to put it in learning mode at all?

I've never had the releasing air method work on the Fords in our fleet. Even my big chunky aftermarket tool didn't want to activate OEM Ford sensors so I got the Motorcraft 'garage door opener' one.
Yes, it honked and screen showed training mode (brake / key method & key / hazard method).

I was using the generic TPMS tool from Amazon that looked and function similar to the Motorcraft one.
https://a.co/d/h4sfILT

Formula11

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL AWD AREA51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The mechanic at the dealership said to use the brake key method. He said the flasher method was to take the vehicle out of transportation mode.
Sponsored