First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you going to do the lettering on the tailgate? If so, what color?
Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the Alto Blue. I am considering tossing my hat in the ring for trying to get an order in. I am going with an XLT though so not sure I'd like it as much without lariat trim. Yours looks spectacular! Wife has a 2020 Escape Titanium in the dark Persian green and I do like it a lot. Its a dark green/blue/metallic color that changes in certain light.

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you going to do the lettering on the tailgate? If so, what color?
Iā€™m going to leave it the way it is. If someone needs to know the model of my vehicle, they can walk up close to it and read stamped the letters. But for a brief moment, I considered metallic silver or metallic bronze letters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the Alto Blue. I am considering tossing my hat in the ring for trying to get an order in. I am going with an XLT though so not sure I'd like it as much without lariat trim. Yours looks spectacular! Wife has a 2020 Escape Titanium in the dark Persian green and I do like it a lot. Its a dark green/blue/metallic color that changes in certain light.
The more I drive it, and I see the interior in overcast conditions, I realize alto blue is by far the best match for the lariat interior. Back in 1993, I settled (from inventory) for a lighter blue metallic, Bimini blue with a blue interior on a Ford probe five speed. Worst choice I ever made on a color. It was very poorly matched to the interior. Thatā€™s why I would never get velocity blue with the lariat interior. Iā€™m sure velocity blue will be great with one of the other trims, but not with the lariat trim imo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking awesome!!! - I have the exact same build Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat Lux going into production the week of 1/31. I hope it ships as quickly. Your pictures reaffirm my selection!
You will not be disappointed with the color combination! I did not do the sunroof on my build.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will not be disappointed with the color combination! I did not do the sunroof on my build.
Same here - I had no desire for a sunroof. I am getting more excited to be driving it soon!
I initially placed my order in July for Velocity Blue. The pictures I saw at the time made it look "Ford" Blue, which I really like. But once I saw a few good pix of the Alto Blue, I immediately made the change.
Really looks sweet - keep on truckin'

Fmiller7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 6/29. Original build date 11/29, then 12/6, then 12/20, then finally built 1/3/2022. Shipped on 1/4 or 1/5, stalked the rail car movement until it arrived at Wayne Assembly on 1/16, and delivered to the dealer 1/18 (yesterday).

Very happy with this new addition! The Mav's overall height seems shorter than our 1995 Ranger 2.3l s/c 4x2 M/T ($14.5 k MSRP in 1995).

BTW, that Ranger M/T 5-spd with manual windows was anemic with it's 112 HP and 135 ft-#. Fast-forward 27 years later and I get this loaded Mav for $31.8K MSRP??!! DANG...inflation adjusted, this is the best value automobile out there!

The animations on the drive modes are so slick. I like the subtle B&O audio logos. B&O (Harman) did a great job with the audio, and a quiet interior. Not as quick or as quiet as the similarly-powered 2018 Fusion Titanium Hybrid I'm replacing, but it's very close. Seems like the Mav has better freeway passing ability as compared to our 2018 Fusion Hybrid. The Mav does not come with auto-dimming, electrochromic rearview or sideview mirrors, but I can live with that. The lane centering system is awesome, and way better than the lane keeping aid in my 2018 Fusion.

Alto Blue seems very different in various lighting. I swear I can see some greenish hues at times. My wife disagrees, and tells me I'm color blind. Anyway, it makes me reminiscent of the bluish-green Ford Explorers of the 1990s/2000s. Alto Blue looks almost black when it's overcast. I prefer a purer blue metallic, like the 2022 Mustang Atlas Blue.

But back to the Mav, Alto Blue is a great contrast to the blues in the interior panels and seat trim. I would not want to look at the door jambs of a Velocity Blue Mav against this Lariat interior trim or seating trim.

The Mav feels spacious (front and back) for my 5'7" frame. No floor mats in the back seat? Strange.

39.5 MPG c/h mix on my way home from the dealer on a 38 F morning.

Factory soft trifold tonneau fits well. The weep holes look clean (my build date was after the recall on the weep hole clearing procedure). Here are some pics!

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
Just ordered an Alto blue Lariat last week. This forum scares me to think I will not see it anytime soon.

meanwhile, glad you got your. It looks beautiful! Enjoy!

Sawyer23

First Name
Sawyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered an alto blue lariat in early July, but then shortly later shifted to XLT for practicality. I hope I like the color a lot even on the lower trim! And fingers crossed I get a build date soon šŸ¤žšŸ¼

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an alto blue lariat in early July, but then shortly later shifted to XLT for practicality. I hope I like the color a lot even on the lower trim! And fingers crossed I get a build date soon šŸ¤žšŸ¼
You will like it. The primary interior plastic trim on all three trim levels is bluish, and that trim is often blueish with warmer tones depending on the incoming light. I look at the other exterior colors a lot, and now 5 days into driving the Alto Blue Mav, I'm more and more convinced Alto Blue is the best color for the Mav on any trim level. Alto Blue has warmth in it, and it displays some green hues at times. That warmth seems to make it have a cohesiveness to the interior blue trim in any lighting.

I had a brighter, cooler blue exterior color (like velocity blue) on a bluish interior car in 1993, and it was a terrible match. I would cringe every time I opened the door and saw such a terrible mismatch of tones. You'll be glad you chose Alto Blue!

Last edited:
Sponsored

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
Thank you for the pics - Minus the Tonneau cover - I have the exact same order.

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Ordered 6/29. Original build date 11/29, then 12/6, then 12/20, then finally built 1/3/2022. Shipped on 1/4 or 1/5, stalked the rail car movement until it arrived at Wayne Assembly on 1/16, and delivered to the dealer 1/18 (yesterday).

Very happy with this new addition! The Mav's overall height seems shorter than our 1995 Ranger 2.3l s/c 4x2 M/T ($14.5 k MSRP in 1995). [Update: Ranger of that era actually had a shorter height than the Mav.]

BTW, that Ranger M/T 5-spd with manual windows was anemic with it's 112 HP and 135 ft-#. Fast-forward 27 years later and I get this loaded Mav for $31.8K MSRP??!! DANG...inflation adjusted, this is the best value automobile out there!

The animations on the drive modes are so slick. I like the subtle B&O audio logos. B&O (Harman) did a great job with the audio, and a quiet interior. Not as quick or as quiet as the similarly-powered 2018 Fusion Titanium Hybrid I'm replacing, but it's very close. Seems like the Mav has better freeway passing ability as compared to our 2018 Fusion Hybrid. The Mav does not come with auto-dimming, electrochromic rearview or sideview mirrors, but I can live with that. The lane centering system is awesome, and way better than the lane keeping aid in my 2018 Fusion.

Alto Blue seems very different in various lighting. I swear I can see some greenish hues at times. My wife disagrees, and tells me I'm color blind. Anyway, it makes me reminiscent of the bluish-green Ford Explorers of the 1990s/2000s. Alto Blue looks almost black when it's overcast. I prefer a purer blue metallic, like the 2022 Mustang Atlas Blue.

But back to the Mav, Alto Blue is a great contrast to the blues in the interior panels and seat trim. I would not want to look at the door jambs of a Velocity Blue Mav against this Lariat interior trim or seating trim.

The Mav feels spacious (front and back) for my 5'7" frame. No floor mats in the back seat? Strange.

Factory soft trifold tonneau fits well. The weep holes look clean (my build date was after the recall on the weep hole clearing procedure). Here are some pics!

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
Wow... Ford makes trucks...

From where I'm sittun... I was beginning to wonder,

rockabillyjilly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 jeep wranglee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Very happy with this new addition! The Mav's overall height seems shorter than our 1995 Ranger 2.3l s/c 4x2 M/T ($14.5 k MSRP in 1995). [Update: Ranger of that era actually had a shorter height than the Mav.]

IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg

OP
OP
Mach E CP

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cactus Grey looks pretty good with the interior too ;)
Yes dazed89, I concur. Here's a view of the cactus grey with the Lariat interior...

Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts CactusGreyLariatJambView

This exterior/interior combo below reminds me of a choice I made on a previous car. I cringed every time I got in until I sold it a year later...
Ford Maverick Took Delivery of our Alto Blue Maverick Lariat Hybrid today - Pics and thoughts Velocitymismatch.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: