First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately I haven't seen it since the day we picked it up and he took it off to college 😅 The feedback that I have from him is that it gets 20 mpg driving around campus. I asked him if he had it in Eco mode, and he said no because it felt like driving in mud? I guess that's what you get moving from a new Mustang GT to a hybrid. The tonneau cover came in, waiting on the bed rug.. and he'll be down next weekend to get them installed.
Wow! You’ve got balls sending a kid to college with a brand new vehicle. Should have been an 8 year old beater because the Maverick will probably get beat up, no matter how carefully he uses it. That’s just an old guy’s opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathan

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Fusion, Hybrid Fusion, Mustang GT, Miata
Wait what. Is this campus an interstate and is he holding the gas to the floor 24/7?

How could it be so low o.o
Seriously! I asked him if maybe he was remote starting it and letting it run and he said no?

OP
OP
Nathan

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Fusion, Hybrid Fusion, Mustang GT, Miata
Wow! You’ve got balls sending a kid to college with a brand new vehicle. Should have been an 8 year old beater because the Maverick will probably get beat up, no matter how carefully he uses it. That’s just an old guy’s opinion.
He's more responsible than I am, so it's probably safer with him than it is with me 😂 He graduates this semester with a degree in aeronautical engineering and already has a job lined up in the aerospace industry.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice story! I’m hoping my son will still be as interested in Fords when he’s that age, he’s only 2 now but he loves my Maverick, especially when he found the keys and what the panic button does lol!

Good luck with it and I hope he enjoys it!

Sponsored

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He's more responsible than I am, so it's probably safer with him than it is with me 😂 He graduates this semester with a degree in aeronautical engineering and already has a job lined up in the aerospace industry.
It sounds like he’s has had his nose to the grindstone, so this is a nice reward for all his hard work.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You two are great and I love the story and nostalgia wrapped around it. You did well Mom and Dad, looks like this young man is happily headed down the Ford road with a good rig to take him far.
His XL and a very base ride for pops .... the apple 🍎 didn’t fall far from the tree and it’s all good ! ✔🇺🇸

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took delivery today of a XL hybrid today that we ordered in June. Inskeep Ford in Greenfield Indiana was stellar through the entire process! Fun story here.. 21 year old me bought a new 1997 F150 at the same dealership 25 years ago, and today my 21 year old son has purchasing this Maverick! We were able to combine his college student rebate with my mom's Z plan discount and 0% for 36 months. No mark ups.. and the dealer threw in 2 years of complimentary maintenance!

I'm a big dork, so I had the sales guy take our picture with the window stickers from my first new truck and my son's first new truck. Oh, to be 21 again! :)

20220108_161151.jpg
Congratulations on your new ride!
Sponsored