First Name
Dolores
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C Max,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've read through different threads on the Tonneau topic, but can I get a little help?
I need a cover that iseasy to remove. I wiil be getting yards of loose mulch occasionally and will want to remove the cover. I also like to get trim boards (baseboards) of a 6-8 foot length and want a cover that will help hold them down while transporting them.
I don't care about water getting in -I keep my truck in the garage so that's not a big concern. I would not like to have a cover that flaps around in the breeze when driving.
I'm thinking soft try fold but could anyone offer some suggestions? I am strong enough to install-uninstall, but overly mechanical.
Thanks for the help. Love this group!
Sponsored

Cocobean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have The Gator SFX also. Installed it myself and it is also easy to remove if need be.
It does ‘wave’ a bit while driving but I haven’t found that to be a concern…

2B1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 and Mav XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hard cover from Lomax
https://www.agricover.com/lomax/results/
I have this cover on my F-150 and love it.
Sturdy, strong, hard surface limits scratch’s. Easy to remove for one person.
pricey but worth it. very Minimal leakage

Reactions: HTX

MO HORSE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just purchased from Amazon and installed this one and like it so far. Went through the car wash and bed stayed dry. Installation and removal fairly simple. However, I only paid $449.00; you may be able to get for less than the price below.

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 81m2JfgTkrL._AC_SX569_
Roll over image to zoom in

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 41kW7y-werL._AC_US100_

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 51ekUsvG02L._AC_US100_

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 51XPUrGCX2L._AC_US100_

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 51PbvudsE-L._AC_US100_

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 51l9n4f4NeL._AC_US100_

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? 61eyNYhEaVL._AC_US100_

• Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? LWoX-O1SL.SS125_PKplay-button-mb-image-grid-small_
    VIDEO

OEDRO Hard Tri-fold Tonneau Cover Fold Truck Bed Covers Compatible with 2022 2023 2024 Ford Maverick with 4.5 Feet Bed
Visit the oEdRo Store
4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 40 ratings

| Search this page

$499.99$499.99

Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just about any of the tri-folds will be easy to install/remove but none of them will help hold down your load because they all (as far as I know) can only be secured either fully closed or in the 2/3 open or fully propped up position.

The closest thing, functionally, to what you described would be a retractable that can stop and latch at any point (Retrax, for example) or that has predetermined latch points close enough to the tailgate to help (Roll 'n Lock). The downside is the space the retractable canister takes up in the bed space.

I think you're better off using tie-downs with ratchet straps or bungee cords to manage the load and go with either a rollup or prop-up style tri-fold.

Grumpa77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've read through different threads on the Tonneau topic, but can I get a little help?
I need a cover that iseasy to remove. I wiil be getting yards of loose mulch occasionally and will want to remove the cover. I also like to get trim boards (baseboards) of a 6-8 foot length and want a cover that will help hold them down while transporting them.
I don't care about water getting in -I keep my truck in the garage so that's not a big concern. I would not like to have a cover that flaps around in the breeze when driving.
I'm thinking soft try fold but could anyone offer some suggestions? I am strong enough to install-uninstall, but overly mechanical.
Check out tyger. I paid about $250 for soft tri fold. Little or no wter gets it. Easy installn.

exsubsailor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Truxedo X15 Pro on my F150 that was good. My Mav has the OEM Ford soft cover which I believe is also made by Truxedo. It's not up to the Pro X15 quality wise and sits a little higher but the one thing I like about it is that I can lower and raise the tailgate while leaving it locked in place.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check out the Sawtooth tonneau
https://sawtootht.com/
Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? Mask_Group_31_Large_976cf7cb-7b8c-4490-8d4c-9dc6c0d3d1d3
Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? Mask_Group_38_Large_518890fb-1e2a-4065-9849-1513ddc2608a

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a Truxedo X15 Pro on my F150 that was good.
I've been considering the Truxedo X15 Pro as well. It's a soft roll-up that detatches easier than any other I've seen. The install video on YouTube shows how easily the roll can be removed - it's impressive.

There are several threads here by people that own it, and I don't recall anyone saying it flaps in the wind at all. There are also a ton of video reviews on YouTube. The cover sits more flush on the bed than others, and the fabric has a more matte look as well. It's a bit pricy for a soft cover at around $600, but those features make it appealing to me despite the price.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't care about water getting in -I keep my truck in the garage so that's not a big concern. I would not like to have a cover that flaps around in the breeze when driving.ront of bed
Check out Truck2go hard roll up. Both rear corners have top keyed latches that when open raise up and become handles to open and close top. Takes up 9" +/- in front of bed. About $850. I have 28 acres and purchase sand, gravel, etc by truckload delivered at 1/15th cost of bagged or scooped. But storage is an issue for most.

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a roll up one from the dealership. It is easy to roll up out of the way and has Velcro along the sides to hold it in place. I love how easy it is to open up the bed without having to remove it.
Ford Maverick Tonneau Help please? IMG_20231103_185045973

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need a cover that iseasy to remove. I wiil be getting yards of loose mulch occasionally and will want to remove the cover.
The soft tri-folds are easy to remove, tiny tiny bit annoying to install again. If it's occasional, I'd recommend going for something better just for the Quality of Life.
edit: and with a plastic bed liner if you happen to have one, more than just a tiny bit annoying.

I also like to get trim boards (baseboards) of a 6-8 foot length and want a cover that will help hold them down while transporting them.
I wouldn't say that they provide no help holding stuff down, but ideally I wouldn't rely on soft tri-fold for that.

I would not like to have a cover that flaps around in the breeze when driving.
It will. Not in any way that matters, but you'll notice it flapping in your rear view at speed.
Sponsored