David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know our Mavericks have not been around a long time and there are not many aftermarket parts compared to other models.

The Tonneau I bought indeed is a cheap Chinese one. It does not fit well see my review https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-2022-2023-maverick-review.23023/#post-434838.

I have the opportunity to return it via the Amazing website for shipping ~$55. However, I damaged it buy removing the clips that were up against the back window. It indeed does seal better, but it still leaks and it still looks like crap being so thick.

My request is to post what Tonneau cover you have: post a picture with the cover closed and state whether it leaks or not. MOST importantly - Are you happy with it. Be sure to include a link to purchase.

THANKS!!!!
Sponsored

DryFlyGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am hoping some of you have retractable covers and can provide a review/photos.

FrankM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased the Bakflip G2 trifold hard cover from realtruck.com (reachout to Alex Pendleton and get the MCT discount). Link: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/update-on-bakflip-g2-two-weeks-after-install.26369/

I installed it without any issues and did not take long. However I experienced quite a bit of leaking.

I noticed the Line-X shop where I got my bed sprayed sells covers so I asked if he wouldn’t mind taking a look at my install and see if he had any ideas to help with the water. Without reading the link to my post below, with the additional weatherstripping, I’m feeling more confident that it won’t leak as much. I know that covers aren’t 100% waterproof, but my setup now is much better!

See my write and pictures here (https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/update-on-bakflip-g2-two-weeks-after-install.26369/).

TrayBHM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion SE, 2008 Nissan Frontier LE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the Tonneau HARD roll cover with my truck ($1200). I felt it would give me more bed space when rolled up vs hard fold. I don't like the hard solid covers because you can't leave open and haul something big in the bag very easy. I really like it and even had large logo underneath so when rolled up it's branded. That said, it does leak water next the tailgate in the corners. Bad design. If rubber seals were longer it would probably be okay.

Ford Maverick Tonneau Covers 2.0 (Opinions Needed) IMG_2941

Ford Maverick Tonneau Covers 2.0 (Opinions Needed) IMG_2940
Sponsored