First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course like so many people on this site I'm waiting. However the cover I'm looking at is the Truxedo Sentry CT. I got a quote from Truxedocovers.com they beat everyone by $100. Its a heavy duty rollup.
I don’t have my truck yet ( scheduled for 10/24 build week) but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Truxedo sentry ct hard rollup cover. They had a Labor Day weekend sale and I like the quick release on the cover. I guess I’ll find out if I chose right eventually.
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard Vs Soft..... oops, careful! :unsure: There are advantages to both kinds of covers. Lots of good stuff on this forum to help you decide. I went with the soft cover, Access Vanish. It is low profile, still permits good visibility out of the rear window when rolled up and has a finish I like. Inside rail reduces the bed width. However, after taking it off twice and knowing what I am doing, it is ten minutes max for removal or installation. Tail gate closes and opens with cover locked down. I have not seen any photos of the Access Vanish so attached a few. $413 with GA sales tax. NO I am not backing up to hook to that camper you see out the back window in the last picture!! :) :)

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_20220904_162845292

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_20220904_162837268_HDR (1)
Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_20220904_161702552_HDR

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_20220904_162246110_HDR

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_20220904_161803259_HDR

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations IMG_20220904_161728346_HDR

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have the factory tri-fold. It's pretty good at staying dry in actual rain/snow but does terrible through the car wash.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Upstate New York here, we can get a fair amount of snow. The wet heavy stuff too. I see many trucks with soft covers.

My friend has something similar to the Truxedo X15 on his F150. He said it handled things fine, just get one that has cross bars; which X15 has.
I saw reviews about the BAK roll up not working well with freezing rain, or melting then freezing.

I wasn’t concerned about snow with the X15, as I don’t park outside overnight.

I went with X15, but after some fitment issues and flappy noise, I exchanged it for the BAK X4S. It handles around 300 or 400 lbs. I just won’t open the cover if there is freezing concerns.

The hard folding, that sit on top of the bed rails, will hold the most weight. But I see that as only needed for snow, if you always park outside and don’t brush it off; or maybe a place that has snow you can’t keep up with.
I have the Revolver X4S as well.

I'm in New England and don't have a garage. But I figure if I brush it off every day, the snow load won't get anywhere near being a problem.

As for the freezing problem, we'll burn that bridge when we get there 😆
I don't see myself doing a lot of hauling in that kind of weather. But skis may be an issue.

Sponsored

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok so when I first got my truck I immediately ordered a gator sfx from realtruck. Great price, great service and very fast shipping. It was only ever meant to be temporary until I got all my ford points, then I was going to buy a hard trifold (for security) from ford using points to offset cost.

Then two things happened. First, the gator sfx turned out to be MUCH nicer than I thought it would be. If I didn't have concerns about someone slashing the cover and stealing stuff from the bed I would have kept it. Second, I found out I could spend ford points on a SIBL done by the dealer. So all the points went toward that. At that point I was seriously considering just leaving the Gator since it was perfectly adequate in every way except for the security thing.

Then a third thing happened: I found out about kikito hard trifold covers sold on amazon for under $500. Figured at that price I'd give it one a try and could send it back if it was a POS. Turns out that one is pretty nice, too. Not super great but nice enough. MUCH more secure than a soft cover so I decided to keep it. Gator is up for sale if anyone is interested.

Both were easy to install, both leak a little bit front and back in the car wash. Both came with extra weather stripping that I didn't bother to install because it doesn't leak enough to worry about. It's a truck bed not a climate controlled storage facility.
Does the Kikito model allow you to flip up the 3rd panel so you have almost full usage or is 1/3 ALWAYS unusable over the edge?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the Kikito model allow you to flip up the 3rd panel so you have almost full usage or is 1/3 ALWAYS unusable over the edge?
Final 1/3 always locked down. It's the one big issue I forgot to mention, but the gator is the same way. It also has these buckles that allow you to tie down the cover when it's folded. The socket part is riveted to the front end of the cover which keeps you from being able to butt the cover up against the cab. The leads to somewhat sub optimal weather sealing because it positions the seal right at the edge. It also causes too much overlap at the back end meaning the rear corners stick out a bit. It seems they didn't try it on an actual maverick before they started shipping. Again, not a big deal but one on the minus column. For a sub $500 cover it's not a surprise - I'd be pissed if I spent $1k and it did that.

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I am one of the lucky ones and actually get a Maverick, I will most likely be going with the Rough Country hard tri-fold. That's what I've had on my Ram for the last year and a half or more. It's worked out great!

husqy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking for some wisdom as well... As I'm sure many others on this forum are, I'll be a first-time truck owner, so the first time buying a tonneau cover. I've decided to go with a ford-OEM cover due to a multitude of reasons.
- I've checked out pricing here in Canada, and we have a lot fewer options than our American neighbours. Pricing from factory is actually competitive, and it comes already installed.
- OEM cover means its covered under ford warranty

What I'm struggling with is do I go with a trifold or a hard roll-up? Soft is not an option as I live in the great white north, but I can't seem to get to the bottom of why you would go with a trifold over the hard rollup...
- Hard rollup is cheaper, but still strong
- Easier to roll (thinking of the wife here)
- Can roll to many different lengths and lock it in place (tri fold means only 3 open positions)
- Doesn't block the entire rear window when fully open like a tri-fold.

I'm sure I am missing some obvious wins for the trifold - if so, what are they? Its surprisingly hard to find a good youtube video comparing the two, when they aren't trying to obviously sell something lol.

Appreciate any feedback you fine folks can provide.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looking for some wisdom as well... As I'm sure many others on this forum are, I'll be a first-time truck owner, so the first time buying a tonneau cover. I've decided to go with a ford-OEM cover due to a multitude of reasons.
- I've checked out pricing here in Canada, and we have a lot fewer options than our American neighbours. Pricing from factory is actually competitive, and it comes already installed.

What I'm struggling with is do I go with a trifold or a hard roll-up? Soft is not an option as I live in the great white north, but I can't seem to get to the bottom of why you would go with a trifold over the hard rollup...
- Can roll to many different lengths and lock it in place (tri fold means only 3 open positions)

I'm sure I am missing some obvious wins for the trifold - if so, what are they? Its surprisingly hard to find a good youtube video comparing the two, when they aren't trying to obviously sell something lol.

Not sure if the OEM allows it, but some trifold fold all the way up against the rear window so you have full access. Hard rollups will still leave 7-8 inches of unusable space at the front of the bed.

Sponsored

husqy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if the OEM allows it, but some trifold fold all the way up against the rear window so you have full access. Hard rollups will still leave 7-8 inches of unusable space at the front of the bed.
Yep it does fold up all the way against the rear window. As someone who's buying it for home renos and driving my dirtbike around, does 8 inches of space at the top of the bed matter that much?

I guess in the case of the dirtbike, I run the risk of the wheel needing to sit behind the rolled up cover instead underneath it? Its already going to be a tight fit so you may have a point there. I guess in that scenario, I'd need to just remove the rolltop when I want to take the dirtbike...that's not a big deal I think (famous last words)

Tinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Decided to go with the Undercover Triad hard cover. Was $819, and with NY robber baron tax, it came out to $884. Ordered it from Carid and they shipped it out within 24 hours. The cover has an evenly distributed weight limit of 600 lbs making it one of the strongest covers in it's price range. Just put it on tonight so haven't had a chance to take it through the car wash and see if or where it might leak.

P1040941.JPG
Are you happy with the Triad cover? Does it leak? thanks

Crazyal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE, Lariat, Lux, 4K, 2022 Ford Edge ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lomax by Access Covers

Ford Maverick Tonneau Cover Recommendations E37EAA2F-431B-492B-A4B0-60A501BAF148

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Apparently the hard rollup has some leaking/moisture pooling issues (even using the drain tubes). And given that you live where it snows so much, I’d opt for the trifold if I had to. Trifold is also easier to remove.

I’m personally going to spend a bit extra and opt for the Diamondback. They are in Pennsylvania, so you may be able to get them in the great white north affordable too.
Sponsored