First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked with the dealership this afternoon about an XLT lux 4k tow EB (ordered late Oct). I was told in an email that no VIN has been assigned due to lux pkg and 4k tow constraints. I was not aware of 4k tow being a constraint. Does anyone have info on this? I might forgo the lux pkg if it will get me into a MY22.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a vin and build date for a lariat, awd, 4k tow, lux pkg couple weeks ago, ordered in dec 21. I realize lux pkg been constrained and all, don’t see why XLT would be different, maybe it a dealer allocations thing, I got no idea

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked with the dealership this afternoon about an XLT lux 4k tow EB (ordered late Oct). I was told in an email that no VIN has been assigned due to lux pkg and 4k tow constraints. I was not aware of 4k tow being a constraint. Does anyone have info on this? I might forgo the lux pkg if it will get me into a MY22.
You have nothing to lose by dropping the Lux. The worst that can happen is you take it back when you re-order your 23. Some of us don't trust our dealer to not screw up a change in our order. If you are okay with that, nothing to lose.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will affect your private offer. Do not drop it!

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It may be more an issue of your xlt and lower profit for Ford verses a Lariat and higher profit (ie, Ford will give a lux package to a Lariat before an XLT). For comparison, I ordered my xlt, tow, Fx4, moon roof (no lux or cp360) on 11-17-22; and got a scheduled build date of 6-21-22, ship date of 7-1-22, and it arrived at dealership on 7-26-22. Also, as others have said, giving up your fomoco finance deal from last Oct might cost you $3000 more in finance cost (assuming $0 down). My interest rate from last Nov was 1.9% and current rate is 5%-6%. I put nothing down and am saving about $3,000 in interest.
Sponsored

Last edited: