WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strictly FYI for any who may not have tuned in or may have missed the nugget.

'22 Maverick production line to remain in operation through the bulk of October.

(Remainder of) April, May, June, July, August, September, (partial) October equals a skootch over seven months more to produce '22s.
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim is a salesman who gets bonuses and commissions, you think he does this out of the kindness of his heart?
I feel bad for his June and July order holders that are still waiting. He should have warned all the people he kept selling across the country that he did not have enough allocations to fill those orders.
I ordered a Mav XLT hybrid with 360 and lux (w spray in bedliner) from a dealer 3 miles away and took delivery at msrp × $85 doc fee back in Jan. Just in time for gas hikes. I would be pissed if I fell for Tim's sales pitch.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim is a salesman who gets bonuses and commissions, you think he does this out of the kindness of his heart?
I feel bad for his June and July order holders that are still waiting. He should have warned all the people he kept selling across the country that he did not have enough allocations to fill those orders.
I ordered a Mav XLT hybrid with 360 and lux (w spray in bedliner) from a dealer 3 miles away and took delivery at msrp × $85 doc fee back in Jan. Just in time for gas hikes. I would be pissed if I fell for Tim's sales pitch.
Get a life.

Anyway, according to Ford, allocations are a thing of the past for the maverick.

OP
OP
WannaMav

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fail to grok the logic.

People who ordered a '22 will be getting a '22. And as '22 production first got underway this past September, extending the time frame out until this coming October is a trivial supplement to a full year of model production.

Would it be preferable to not have the delays and slowdowns? Of course, that's elementary. But it also is not reflective of the cascading market turmoil of the time we are living in.

Last edited:

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES, I actually do think he does it out of the kindness of his heart and because he loves what he does, and he's a fair and kind man. As one of a handful of people on this board who have met Tim in person, and talked face to face, and spent time speaking with him, I chose Long McArthur because of his FREE educational and insightful videos, his transparency, and my questions answered directly by him, YES I do think the kindness of his heart is part of it. Tim is the Internet Sales Manager at Long McArthur, my salesmen was Mike Mull, and he was as nice, kind and transparent as Tim. I have other FORD dealers in CO I could have went to, but I wanted to be assured of a good experience, and he and Mike Mull exceeded my expectations on a Mav Hybrid XLT with no add-ons, and I paid MSRP and had no Finance shenanigans to navigate.

Maybe you are jaded from past car buying experiences, or heard other dealer horror stories, but my first hand experience, a savvy buyer with many experiences in buying vehicles, and having working for an OEM in the past, Tim @fordvideoguy and Long McArthur Ford in Salna, KS have demonstrated through their FREE weekly education YouTube efforts, transparency, and availability on forum boards that it would be worth flying (on my own dime) from CO to KS to get a Maverick from them. Ordered in July of 21, got it in Jan of 22. IF you met Tim in person and spent even 10 minutes with him, I think you would understand why I am speaking up to push back on your comment. Your comments are not an accurate reflection of him, and requires a little pushback, in my opinion.

Either way, you got your Maverick, so again congrats man! Look forward to seeing more of it if you are going to be doing any mods. 👊

Sponsored

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strictly FYI for any who may not have tuned in or may have missed the nugget.

'22 Maverick production line to remain in operation through the bulk of October.

(Remainder of) April, May, June, July, August, September, (partial) October equals a skootch over seven months more to produce '22s.
Hoping all and any parts constraints are minimal and everyone can get their Truck. It is a blast run around town in my Maverick during the week. :)

OP
OP
WannaMav

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES, I actually do think he does it out of the kindness of his heart and because he loves what he does, and he's a fair and kind man. As one of a handful of people on this board who have met Tim in person, and talked face to face, and spent time speaking with him, I chose Long McArthur because of his FREE educational and insightful videos, his transparency, and my questions answered directly by him, YES I do think the kindness of his heart is part of it. Tim is the Internet Sales Manager at Long McArthur, my salesmen was Mike Mull, and he was as nice, kind and transparent as Tim. I have other FORD dealers in CO I could have went to, but I wanted to be assured of a good experience, and he and Mike Mull exceeded my expectations on a Mav Hybrid XLT with no add-ons, and I paid MSRP and had no Finance shenanigans to navigate.

Maybe you are jaded from past car buying experiences, or heard other dealer horror stories, but my first hand experience, a savvy buyer with many experiences in buying vehicles, and having working for an OEM in the past, Tim @fordvideoguy and Long McArthur Ford in Salna, KS have demonstrated through their FREE weekly education YouTube efforts, transparency, and availability on forum boards that it would be worth flying (on my own dime) from CO to KS to get a Maverick from them. Ordered in July of 21, got it in Jan of 22. IF you met Tim in person and spent even 10 minutes with him, I think you would understand why I am speaking up to push back on your comment. Your comments are not an accurate reflection of him, and requires a little pushback, in my opinion.

Either way, you got your Maverick, so again congrats man! Look forward to seeing more of it if you are going to be doing any mods. 👊
To state the obvious, no one is forcing anybody to watch. Take issue with the format/person/content? Turn it off.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To state the obvious, no one is forcing anybody to watch. Take issue with the format/person/content? Turn it off.
What? It's not so obvious what you are actually referencing.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As were you, referencing the comment of Mr. Grumpypants. Apologies if that wasn't clear.
LOL....no worries. Thx for clarity.

Q: So the Mavs have a generally higher MSRP for Hawaii, or simply a larger transit fee?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WannaMav

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL....no worries. Thx for clarity.

Q: So the Mavs have a generally higher MSRP for Hawaii, or simply a larger transit fee?
Destination fee is the same as for anywhere else.

ALL dealers here charging mark-up over MSRP. Managed to whittle that down to just within range of my expectations (as opposed to my satisfaction). Living here one becomes inured to the price of paradise.

😐

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt we see any significant changes for 2023 unless they were already in the product pipeline at launch (AWD hybrid, perhaps). Ford doesn't have a huge incentive to make costly improvements when they are selling so many of these trucks that they can cut off ordering 10-ish months before production stops. On the other hand, I could definitely see them tightening up the number of possible build configurations to streamline the manufacturing schedule--it always struck me as odd that a sunroof was available on the XL.

LiveWire

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mache GT
I believe that Tim @fordvideoguy does this out of the kindness of his heart and I applaud him for that!! If I would not contact my sales rep myself from time to time I would never hear anything from him as when I do contact him he is very short with me. I'm guessing because he either does not have any information to share or because I'm not sitting in front of him signing a paper to take a Maverick..

So I say thank you Tim @fordvideoguy for all the information and for answering our questions. Without you I would have no information on Price Protection and what's to be expected as we all sit and wait. I am happy that I know at least that my Maverick will be made sometime between now and October and hope that I will be able to pinpoint that time down even more as we all move forward.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not everyone who works at car dealerships is in a work release program from Bruno State Prison. @ fordvideoguy does seem like he likes what he is doing and not trying to scam people. Plus, he is a Kansas fan who I was so happy to see beat the University of No Classes for the National Championship !!!
Sponsored