First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself here (only 2600 miles so far) but, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions, reviews, or thoughts on a few touring tires I'm looking at. I live in Florida and this will mostly be a street truck so no need for A/T or winter tires. I'm considering Michelin CrossClimate2, Michelin Defender T+H, or Goodyear Assurance Maxlife. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a big fan of continentals. Not sure what they offer in your size but they are reasonably priced.

OP
OP
Owewil3225

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a big fan of continentals. Not sure what they offer in your size but they are reasonably priced.
The ProContact TX that come on the Maverick are good as well. I was thinking maybe one of the others will cut down on road noise.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ProContact TX that come on the Maverick are good as well. I was thinking maybe one of the others will cut down on road noise.
Sorry, is that what's already on there? The continentals I have on my car (forget which one) are pretty quiet but they are likely a different tire.

OP
OP
Owewil3225

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, is that what's already on there? The continentals I have on my car (forget which one) are pretty quiet but they are likely a different tire.
Yes, the stock tire on my XL is a Continental ProContact TX

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, Sorry didn't realize that. How about General Altimax RT 43's?

ETA I just put grabber hts 60's on our explorer and although they aren't super quiet, they are far quieter than the crappy A/T tires that were on there. The rt43's are more of a highway tire than the hts 60s and should be pretty quiet but it's not clear of they are gonna be better than the conti's.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, Sorry didn't realize that. How about General Altimax RT 43's?
I have the rt 43's on my rav4 right now. They are kinda noisy in my opinion, but have excellent traction in heavy rain and even light snow.

I plan on trying the Michelin T+H in the hopes I can quiet the tire noise on my maverick a little.

OP
OP
Owewil3225

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the rt 43's on my rav4 right now. They are kinda noisy in my opinion, but have excellent traction in heavy rain and even light snow.

I plan on trying the Michelin T+H in the hopes I can quiet the tire noise on my maverick a little.
I think I'm leaning towards those. CrossClimate2 looks pretty interesting though.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I'm leaning towards those. CrossClimate2 looks pretty interesting though.
I was also thinking about the defender ltx m/s as an option. Slightly lower millage rating, but offers more size options.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at your particular model of Continental Contact tire for it's specs. There are approximately 35-40 "models" of those tires. I cannot remember details of what I have read but the Continental ProContact TX I think has 9-10/32" tread and 560 wear rating and warranty of 60k miles (check it). The Continental Control Contact Tour A/S Plus I have on my Honda CR-V (exclusive model for discount tire having some different specs or whatever) has 11/32 tread and 700-800 wear rating with 80k mile warranty. These are great tires but need to be rotated at 4-4.5k miles as they start to make more noise (at least on my CR-V) at 5-6k miles. I expect the contact TX tires will have a rubber compound with lower rolling resistance but all tires being made today verses those made couple years ago are that way. In part because less natural rubber is available due to the increased demand to make billions of masks!🤷

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm planning on getting them this fall. I've been using wrg4's as my winter tires for years on my old car. I know these will be excellent but will be interesting to compare. I live in WI tho. I think they are totally overkill for FL. Performance in the rain will probably need to be your most important consideration. Granted the CC2 is supposed to be great there but the FL heat will wear on them if you use them year round.

OP
OP
Owewil3225

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm planning on getting them this fall. I've been using wrg4's as my winter tires for years on my old car. I know these will be excellent but will be interesting to compare. I live in WI tho. I think they are totally overkill for FL. Performance in the rain will probably need to be your most important consideration. Granted the CC2 is supposed to be great there but the FL heat will wear on them if you use them year round.
Yeah the CC2 has great rain performance, stopping distance and quiet. But I know the tread life is a concern.

Tuner_Obsession

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JDM Fairlady Z TT (300zx), 350z, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're looking for some stickier summer tires you can use the Yokohama Advan Apex V601 tires. I'm running them on my Maverick and 350z. Longevity isn't going to be as good as the other recommendations though.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've always preferred Yokohama, Michelin, and even the Kumho tires for my XT5 and Genesis coupe. Cooper makes a good tire too. I did not have good luck with Continentals or Pirelli tires (either too noisy after about 10K miles -Conti, or too soft rubber that cut/tore too easily - Pirelli). Lots of choices for a street all season tire out there.

PS: one of the best all around tires I ever had on my truck were the Firestone Destination A/T: great wear, quiet on the road, good handling in wet or dry (very little snow, usually, in central Texas), and were very good on the ranch with lots of mesquit tree thorns to worry about, rocks, dust and caliche mud (if it ever rains again) JAT ;)
Sponsored