Tire Compatibility - Tire Width

Minimoto7

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have a set of winter tires I just purchased for my envoy that I will be trading in for an XLT, and wondering if they will fit. The tire size is 245/65 R17. From what I can tell this is the same diameter but a little wider than the wheels/tires on the XLT. Does anyone know if these could work? I am OK getting new steel wheels for these tires if needed.
Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
A 245/65/17 will be wider and taller than the stock 225/65/17. It may very well fit. I believe I saw some Bronco Sports running this size. But you won’t know for certain until someone tries it on a Mav.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d sell them. Narrower is better for the winter and the 245/65s are about an inch taller while pushing the limits of a 7” wide wheel.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
I have a set of winter tires I just purchased for my envoy that I will be trading in for an XLT, and wondering if they will fit. The tire size is 245/65 R17. From what I can tell this is the same diameter but a little wider than the wheels/tires on the XLT. Does anyone know if these could work? I am OK getting new steel wheels for these tires if needed.
Keep them worst case they dont fit and you can sell them for more than what the dealership will value them on the trade in. Best case u have a winter tire that fits and saves u buying a new set.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://tiresize.com/calculator/

2slo2go

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav, Area51 XLT Lux, Black Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run 245/70-17 and they are fine. All comes down to your wheel offset
Sponsored