Sponsored

Thought I’d seen it all. 12k ADM markup!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess “$12k over is insane” doesn’t speak to stupidity.
I took it as an insane practice and I agree with you on that........but I see where you saw that going.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took it as an insane practice and I agree with you on that........but I see where you saw that going.
Sorry, not trying to be aggressive this morning. Spent the last 36 hours traveling (delayed flights) and now I have to work all day 😖.

I walked from Jim Click Ford because of $500, and my build with them is set for Nov 29th. I will wait months to get another build but I wont pay over my agreed upon price.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check out Ebay...type in Ford MaverickTruck 2022!! Then check out the price!!!

SFA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
People are stupid......paying 12k over in ANY situation is stupid
A slight adjustment in price might be tolerable for some. Any price above MSRP for a customer order is not right. Some of these dealerships are hoping that a customer order will walk away so they can go way over MSRP. Every customers situation is unique. I will not pay over MSRP. It is not a real good financial move. Most banks will not lend a huge amount over MSRP, the customer will have to make up the cash difference. Again all financial situations are different.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geesh...love how Ford markets this as an affordable vehicle for the masses and then some lowlife Stealerships just say "Oh, hell no....screw affordability to the masses - SHOW ME THE MONEY!!" Unfortunately, some people will pay it. 🤬 It is like scalping vehicles!! You get arrested for scalping hot/sold out event tickets, but stealerships call it a "market adjustment" and it's legal.
You don't know the situations the buyers and sellers are in so they both may be winners in their way. The "stealership" may only have a few vehicles to sell and his banker may be screaming for $100k and the buyer may have lost all his vehicles due to hail, floods, thief's, etc and has a really good job with a 50 mile commute that pays $5k a week and he figures it's a better deal than paying $20k for a $12k 7year old vehicle. (The job may be one that if you are driving a car over 2-2.5 years old you shouldn't be working here).

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Listen, I like you, I really do. Even though I have three other people this morning that called for it, and I wouldn't do this for everyone, and you gotta promise you won't go posting on facebook or making tweets about this because I'm just doing this for you, nobody else, but I'll knock it down to just $10K above MSRP. That's $2K I'm giving you right into your pocket. We got a deal? Lets fist bump on it, you know COVID rules and all, partner!" - Salesman, probably

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man some people have way too much money 💰. If and when I get my Maverick, I would be very happy 😁😁 to sell it for 12,000 over for what I paid for it, just saying 😙😙😙😙!!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A slight adjustment in price might be tolerable for some. Any price above MSRP for a customer order is not right. Some of these dealerships are hoping that a customer order will walk away so they can go way over MSRP. Every customers situation is unique. I will not pay over MSRP. It is not a real good financial move. Most banks will not lend a huge amount over MSRP, the customer will have to make up the cash difference. Again all financial situations are different.
I saw that from 9/22/2021-3/22/22 that on maverick Ford credit will loan 110% to buyers with credit score 620 and 84 month loan and no payment due for 90 days! It was not real clear if all payment periods were included but 84 months specifically. (I think Ford credit is bottom fishing for the 5+% interest rate) (?? How close to $0 down or how much of ADM will Ford credit finance??).

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah paying 12K over is crazy. Certainly not "price gouging" it is a dealership trying to make as much money as possible. The result of this "overcharge" ? Some guy ( or gal ) bought it but certainly didn't have to have it - they paid to be first because this is all temporary. When they drive it off the lot - blam - 12K depreciation as soon as the tires hit the street ( plus some ) A maverick certainly isn't something like a 1964 Landcruiser that retailed originally for $2,955 and are now selling for 30 to 50 thousand. That's not "price gouging" either - all supply and demand.

Sponsored

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know FoMoCo's official policy on this? Any chance the dealerships could be charged with collusion?

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in Upland today and decided to swing by the local Ford dealer to see the Maverick they have in stock, I get there and they have marked it up $12,000! It was almost $50,000 for a Maverick! Now I get why people call them “stealerships”. And to make it worse, some poor guy actually bought it! They also had a Bronco they marked up $20,000. Absolutely nuts
What is the name of the dealership? Do tell........

I am sure they would appreciate the free publicity this thread will provide them!!

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
I saw 2 ads today, 12/30/21 both Lariats listed OVER 48k! That is ridiculous and will kill Maverick sales as this vehicle is marketed as "affordable "

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw 2 ads today, 12/30/21 both Lariats listed OVER 48k! That is ridiculous and will kill Maverick sales as this vehicle is marketed as "affordable "
Put an image of the ads.....or share the name of the dealership. They certainly deserve the free publicity!!

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Put an image of the ads.....or share the name of the dealership. They certainly deserve the free publicity!!
HERE YA GO! Ridiculous

Ford Maverick Thought I’d seen it all. 12k ADM markup! Screenshot_20211230-213037_Chrome

Ford Maverick Thought I’d seen it all. 12k ADM markup! Screenshot_20211230-212934_Chrome
Sponsored