Sponsored

Those of you with Elevate Rack + BAKFlip MX4 - Which Clamps did you use?

OP
OP

BradMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should not have to drill, grind or otherwise modify the slots. You nailed it with your thoughts on the cross bars, I had to loosen the cross bars up, since they were too tight side to side before adjustment. With the bars in the initial position it was pulling the mounts for the rack and cover inward. When I loosened the cross bars off to adjust, it released a lot of force, I was very surprised.
Yup that did the trick, no drilling, though it was very tight fit… every thread of the bolt caught on the edge of the slot, needed a little force, and I can see that the bolts are at a slight angle, hopefully those rubber washers are still able to seal.

This installation has been much more challenging than anticipated… I thought I was finally done and then went to lower the elevate rack to the lowest setting/cab height… and none of the 4 towers will lower, binds up after an inch or so max, and I did loosen then nuts attaching the tower to the rail and crossbar first. Now I’ve even tried to remove a tower and adjust it complete separated from the rail/cross bar in case those were somehow putting leverage on the tower, no luck.

I noticed some of the bolts from the factory seemed way tighter than the 7-10 ft lbs they recommend tightening them too, I wonder if the dang thing has bowed inward slightly causing a lot of contact/binding now.

I can see the paint is getting scraped off when trying to adjust them, showing there is wayyy to much contact/friction in this “telescoping” upright. Chunks of paint shavings are even coming out of the bolt holes.., surely these paint chunks are contributing to it binding up as well.

I have a support case open with them, they did say this is not normal and they should raise/lower with ease, they asked me to send some pics, we will see what they come back with.

Ford Maverick Those of you with Elevate Rack + BAKFlip MX4 - Which Clamps did you use? IMG_6148

Ford Maverick Those of you with Elevate Rack + BAKFlip MX4 - Which Clamps did you use? IMG_6150
Sponsored