dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm new to this forum...haven't ordered a Maverick yet. I'm the sort of person who wants to look at a vehicle, sit down in it, and maybe even take a ride in it before I commit to spending $25,000+ to buy one.

I do know a guy who bought one who lives an hour or so away from me. I may have to drive over and buy him lunch one day if none of the local dealers get one I can see soon.

I have seen just one Maverick on a dealer lot. It was parked near a dealer's service area, so I assumed it was already sold and being prepped for the customer. Either way, I knew I didn't want that particular one, because I'd seen on the inventory search at Ford.com that it was a maxed out Lariat which is more than I want to spend at $35,000+. I should have stopped and looked it over, but I was naive enough at that point to think another dealer in the area might have something closer to a base XLT...that was about six weeks ago, and I haven't found anyone with one in stock since then.

At any rate...that's my introductory post.
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick This Might Take A While, But Thankfully I'm In No Rush gpgm552ehzl8zdji0jbmbgq4e7v3sfin4j7nm06y&rid=giphy

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm new to this forum...haven't ordered a Maverick yet. I'm the sort of person who wants to look at a vehicle, sit down in it, and maybe even take a ride in it before I commit to spending $25,000+ to buy one.

I do know a guy who bought one who lives an hour or so away from me. I may have to drive over and buy him lunch one day if none of the local dealers get one I can see soon.

I have seen just one Maverick on a dealer lot. It was parked near a dealer's service area, so I assumed it was already sold and being prepped for the customer. Either way, I knew I didn't want that particular one, because I'd seen on the inventory search at Ford.com that it was a maxed out Lariat which is more than I want to spend at $35,000+. I should have stopped and looked it over, but I was naive enough at that point to think another dealer in the area might have something closer to a base XLT...that was about six weeks ago, and I haven't found anyone with one in stock since then.

At any rate...that's my introductory post.
Welcome. I would go ahead and order the truck you want. There's no risk for you even if you find one on the lot. But that's unlikely unless you want to pay a markup. Even if you want to wait until next MY you're doing your dealer a favor which you can cash in on maybe

Brent Karrett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Burnt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coyote, Lanche, Nauti,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same. Finally, the second closest dealership had one available for a drive. A pretty base XL, EB, AWD. Drove it, loved it, ordered one. Glad I did as I avoided the recent price increases.

OP
OP
dbmurray

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right on cue, a dealer called me today to let me know they had a Maverick on the lot.

I looked it over to the extent that I could (sat in it, but couldn't test drive it, because it was already sold). I liked what I saw.

The short version of the story is that I have now placed an order for an XLT 2.0 in Cactus Gray with Ford Co-Pilot 360, full-size spare, and trailer hitch receiver.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered one yesterday. I also couldn't find any actually in stock anywhere in Central NC or Southern Virginia. Finally found a base XL on a lot in the small town where I work. It was already sold, but I determined it was comfortable and met my needs by sitting in it and checking out the inside and outside.

So, now I'm waiting for an Alto Blue XLT AWD EcoBoost. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long...
Sponsored