First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still a few details pending but ready to be towed!

Ford Maverick This is TopGun, my new Maverick IMG_7563.JPG

Ford Maverick This is TopGun, my new Maverick IMG_7564.JPG

Ford Maverick This is TopGun, my new Maverick IMG_7565.JPG

Ford Maverick This is TopGun, my new Maverick IMG_7567.JPG

Ford Maverick This is TopGun, my new Maverick IMG_7569.JPG
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice Very Nice

Sponsored

OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far so good. Haven't figured out how to keep it partially open. Will research what product to put on it to keep its dark color. Space gets really warm in Florida weather, but I think that applies to any cover. Really like the Ford logo when open. That and HD nature of splines were the reason I chose it.

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far so good. Haven't figured out how to keep it partially open. Will research what product to put on it to keep its dark color. Space gets really warm in Florida weather, but I think that applies to any cover. Really like the Ford logo when open. That and HD nature of splines were the reason I chose it.
This is the stuff I'm trying:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG3OIFU?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Granted MN vs FL sun isn't much of a competition but I've heard good things about it.

OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had heard good things about a product named 303 and that's it! Just placed the order and should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks really nice. I like the way you handled the cutouts for the tow bar. Your "wide open" cutouts look a LOT better than the "let's hack out a rough opening for the bar" look I've seen on others. Nice job!

(But I cannot help being curious as to why you have an off-road light-bar mounted on a Hybrid Maverick, which is FWD? Do you plan to go off-roading with it?)

OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't really do the cutouts as they're part of the FX4 lower fascia where the tow hooks come out that I purchased separately. The installer had to make very little trimming for the tow plate. He also had to cut a piece from the old fascia and use it to fasten the new one to the undertray. I saw this on another MTC member's build and was sold.

I tow TopGun behind my motorhome and for certain sites, when arriving at night, I like to "light it up" to make my backing in easier and to set up after I've leveled it. Also, I think it looks nice and had a similar set up on my replaced Cherokee that I had installed a 120 watt on instead of this 420 watt dual led bar. No off roading planned.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still a few details pending but ready to be towed!

IMG_7563.JPG

IMG_7564.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7567.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG
Beautiful truck. Love my Alto Blue Lariat hybrid. Equipped like yours minus a few mods you have done. Where did you get the hitch cover? Have to get that.

OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a number of commercial & retail "back to black" chemicals but the issue with most of them is after 2 or 3 rains, the chemical bleeds off on to the paint, leaving streaks, and it's a pain to get streaks off, especially off ceramic coatings. It does the tonneau tops easily but what it is best far is keeping the black plastic trim pleases black, for a long time.

"Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer" (SFBTR). This stuff is the BEST I've ever seen. But is expensive at 12 oz bottle ($20 to $35) but one 12oz bottle will last for years. The one ounce bottle for $14-$19 is a waste of money. 4 or 5 drops will do one entire side of the bed side rails. Best not to get it on paint surfaces but not a big deal if you do. Use on any black rubber textured surfaces (doesn't work on black metal trim). I find it restores black back to "as new" and stays black for months, and repels water. Works on black textured type trim and Gator tonneau cover. Surfaces have to be dry and product takes an hrs to totally dry and adsorb into the textured rubber/plastic or vinyl. Not intended to use on rubber tires so I use the tire foam spray stuff on tires.

It is on Amazon and Ebay and I found a dealer on eBay with the lowest price and free shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a number of commercial & retail "back to black" chemicals but the issue with most of them is after 2 or 3 rains, the chemical bleeds off on to the paint, leaving streaks, and it's a pain to get if off, especially off ceramic coatings. It does the tonneau tops easily but what it is best far is keeping the black plastic trim pleases black, for a long time.

"Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer" (SFBTR). This stuff is the BEST I've ever seen. But is expensive at 12 oz bottle ($20 to $35) one 12oz bottle will last for years. The one ounce bottle for $14-$19 is a waste of time and money. 4 or 5 drops will do one entire side of the bed side rails. Best not to get it on paint surfaces but not a big deal if you do. Use on any black rubber textured surfaces (doesn't work on black metal trim). I find it restores black back to "as new" and stays black for months, and repels water. Works on black textured type trim and Gator tonneau cover. Surfaces have to be very dry and product takes an hrs to totally dry and adsorb into the textured rubber/plastic or vinyl. Not intended to use on tires so I use the tire spray foam stuff on tires.

It is on Amazon and Ebay and I found a dealer on eBay with the lowest price and free shipping.
Thank you very much sir!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a beauty! One of the reasons why I bought my Maverick was the ability to flat tow her. Have yet to install a base plate, though. Love the color and the mods. The Maverick is a beautiful truck right out of the plant and it's always a pleasure to see the little additions people have made to them. Many happy and safe miles RV-ing!
Sponsored