First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tonneau covers have also been "late" meaning that orders are being held back for them. My dealer took the tonneau cover off my order, as well as the rubber removable bed mat. I figure a $50 "cow mat" from the farm supply is probably just as good and cheaper than that bed mat. But I'm going to have to add a tonneau cover somehow.
My dealer hasn't said anything about the tonneau cover. That said, a blurb on this forum a few months ago said that ALL tonneaus were show stoppers. I guess that I will sink or swim with my dealer. This whole situation has really given a bad impression of Ford. I don't know if it is because it is a new model, having the factory in Hermosillo, or the industry just going to the dogs, but this has surely left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope the truck is worth all of the consternation.
Sponsored

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer hasn't said anything about the tonneau cover. That said, a blurb on this forum a few months ago said that ALL tonneaus were show stoppers. I guess that I will sink or swim with my dealer. This whole situation has really given a bad impression of Ford. I don't know if it is because it is a new model, having the factory in Hermosillo, or the industry just going to the dogs, but this has surely left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope the truck is worth all of the consternation.
It's supply chain issues for the most part, I'm sure. What has worked for decades is breaking down. Part of that is due to COVID-19, but there are other issues, like single suppliers who shut down, or experience disasters like fires and floods (which may, ironically, be related to climate change which in turn these hybrid vehicles are supposed to help prevent or at least slow down.)

As far as the truck being worth it, most signs are still positive. I agree that Ford is being stubbornly uncommunicative, and that they have been moving goalposts and even changing some of the promised features late in the game. No SYNC, no FordConnect? Those were promised early on. And some dealers are apparently playing a nasty game by trying to raise prices on orders placed months ago.

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's supply chain issues for the most part, I'm sure. What has worked for decades is breaking down. Part of that is due to COVID-19, but there are other issues, like single suppliers who shut down, or experience disasters like fires and floods (which may, ironically, be related to climate change which in turn these hybrid vehicles are supposed to help prevent or at least slow down.)

As far as the truck being worth it, most signs are still positive. I agree that Ford is being stubbornly uncommunicative, and that they have been moving goalposts and even changing some of the promised features late in the game. No SYNC, no FordConnect? Those were promised early on. And some dealers are apparently playing a nasty game by trying to raise prices on orders placed months ago.
Being an honest - read NAIVE - person, I am assuming that my dealer wouldn't/couldn't DARE raise the price after I have signed a purchase contract. If he does, "Hyundai here I come." My last two cars have been Hyundais, both excellent quality, so buying a Santa Cruz would cause me no grief. That said, I would prefer to get the Ford, although Hermosillo ain't exactly Dearborn.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Being an honest - read NAIVE - person, I am assuming that my dealer wouldn't/couldn't DARE raise the price after I have signed a purchase contract. If he does, "Hyundai here I come." My last two cars have been Hyundais, both excellent quality, so buying a Santa Cruz would cause me no grief. That said, I would prefer to get the Ford, although Hermosillo ain't exactly Dearborn.
Hermosillo has been producing quality vehicles for Ford now for some time. I don't have any problem with that in particular. Ford does still run plenty of assembly plants in the US, and is building new ones specifically to make parts for electric and hybrid vehicles.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tonneau covers were 0% unless part of a package and then only 17% of packages. Tonneaus are now only 3%. Tell your dealer to take it off. Took mine off= schedule for production 10 days later. There are many other factors at play also, but constraints are a biggy.

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not exactly. Ford is, however, failing badly at communication. I hear that the EPA fuel economy result should be out "very soon" but we don't know why it is late. The hybrid power train for Maverick is pretty much the same as what has been in the Escape for some time now. But they have to retest to get numbers for a different weight vehicle, different wind resistance, etc. It will be approved, no question. But regulations require official data on that window sticker before the truck can be sold. The Ecoboost engines are done and going out. The hybrid is still on hold.

Those numbers are hokey anyway. The last four cars I have owned all recorded better numbers than EPA, and consistently so. There are a lot of variables.
True, my CRV and Mustang both get well over EPA numbers

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hello!
I also ordered an xl! I figure I can add almost anything I want after the fact and I am super excited!
New demo to add to your XL at https://www.interactivegarage.com/interactive-garage-demo/. Here is my build.

Ford Maverick The XL Trim Maverick Thread 1634569769078

QTYPART NUMBERMANUFACTURERPRODUCTPRICE
1VNZ6Z9942528AFord AccessoriesTailgate Lettering - Black Platinum$99.00
41780SIL405108B72TSWSilverstone - 17x8 Gloss Black w/Mirror Lip Offset 40$1,088.00
1VNZ6Z99501A42BFord AccessoriesRoll Up Tonneau Cover$369.00
1VNZ6Z16C900CFord AccessoriesAeroskin II Hood Protector by Lund - Textured Black$89.00
SUBTOTAL: $1,645.00

TB84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavxl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting my XL almost as bare bones as you can get. The only thing I am adding is the tow hitch for $100. I like that I can get a new vehicle that will get 40mpg for just over $20,000. And it's a truck! What a bonus. I can slowly add things like cruise control or new wheels down the road if I need to. Even heated seats are not as expensive as you think. They keep saying the truck is made for DIYers. So a base model I can build off is perfect!

XL, 2.5L hybrid, velocity blue, tow hitch. Nothing else.
I guess the hybrids are the hold up. I ordered the silver with the 360 and hitch. So wait and see! Weather I call Ford or my Dealer I get the round around. Wait until I get a VIN NUMBER. But the Dealers are already jacking up prices between $2500--$5000. So hang in there
I have two hybrid XL's ordered with nothing but hitch added. My prices are msrp +tax, title, doc.. I was able to checkout a XLT lux pkg awd at the dealer today. I know we're all different but I am certain the XL hybrid is the right choice for ME.

JohnC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘08 VW Jetta
Leaning towards a XLT, but I actually love the steelies. Anyone know if it’s possible to downgrade the wheels on an order?

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Leaning towards a XLT, but I actually love the steelies. Anyone know if it’s possible to downgrade the wheels on an order?
It's not possible to order a Maverick XLT or Lariat with steel wheels.

Your dealer might possibly offer to trade wheels with another vehicle in their inventory. A better option would be to trade wheels with another owner; I'm sure you could find a few XL owners here on the forum interested in trading you their steel wheels for your alloys.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I ever get a build date for my xl, I'll see if anyone wants to swap wheels with me. Lol

EggSalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox and Focus

Your dealer might possibly offer to trade wheels with another vehicle in their inventory. A better option would be to trade wheels with another owner; I'm sure you could find a few XL owners here on the forum interested in trading you their steel wheels for your alloys.

Yeah I want xlt wheels for my xl!!!

Jim graham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Let me know if you want to swap I'm in FL. Tks Jim

LCuster380

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I ordered my Cactus Gray XL on June 14. Still waiting patiently to get the scheduled for production e-mail. By the way, @76Courier I had a '78 Courier back in the day.
Don't dispare.....on 10/14 my two XL Hybrids finally got scheduled for production in December 6th. Ordered June 11th.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't dispare.....on 10/14 my two XL Hybrids finally got scheduled for production in December 6th. Ordered June 11th.
Thanks. My post that you quoted was from August 1st. I got the scheduled email on August 12. My truck is built and relaxing in the Sonoran desert waiting on Ford to release the ok to buy for hybrids.
Sponsored