Sponsored

Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals?

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Got my ebay ones in and wow had no idea they were such low quality. They are basically the letters you get to put on a boat. Like electrical tape feeling. Had nice raised ones on my f150, looked much more precise and were much easier to put on. Going to get the puffy ones as recommend above. They arrived in time and had no problem with the seller, just not what I was looking for. Will update with the new ones when i get them put on, for anyone interested in the alternative.
Sponsored

fordny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
I was thinking raised reflective black for my Alto Blue. Anyone try the Etsy decals? Pics?

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just went down a two hour internet rabbit hole that started with looking at tailgate letters for my Maverick and ended up watching videos on how to install my own rocker panel graphics (that I also found for sale on etsy)

I imagine by the time I actually get my Maverick I'll have spent more time researching stuff than it will take them to build it, lol.

Is it just me doing that?

LGRW_GoGRG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Anybody have ideas on colors that would look good with ALto Blue? I want the letters to stick out so people know what the truck is. Unfortunately I want to steer clear of orange because I'm a very big Chiefs fan (maybe a stupid reason, but hey) and I don't want the broncos blue/orange. Also, I want to steer clear of Red, I'm also a Huge Kansas State Fan (don't want Kansas Blue/Red. I might get white just to see how that would look but I don't think it would look great. Maybe just a silver?

Sponsored

fordny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Anybody have ideas on colors that would look good with ALto Blue? I want the letters to stick out so people know what the truck is. Unfortunately I want to steer clear of orange because I'm a very big Chiefs fan (maybe a stupid reason, but hey) and I don't want the broncos blue/orange. Also, I want to steer clear of Red, I'm also a Huge Kansas State Fan (don't want Kansas Blue/Red. I might get white just to see how that would look but I don't think it would look great. Maybe just a silver?
I will have Alto Blue...I am torn between silver and reflective black. I'm also hoping to get pics. The orange is cool. Blue and Orange...Go NY Mets!!

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I will have Alto Blue...I am torn between silver and reflective black. I'm also hoping to get pics. The orange is cool. Blue and Orange...Go NY Mets!!
I think I'm going to go with the "Chrome Mirror Vinyl" option. Truck should be here in the next week or so, so I'm going to go ahead and order them, ill try to remember to take pics and post them here.

Edit: I'm also going to try and get a black/silver FX4 sticker as well as a black/silver ford vinyl for the front/back logos to make everything match.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just went down a two hour internet rabbit hole that started with looking at tailgate letters for my Maverick and ended up watching videos on how to install my own rocker panel graphics (that I also found for sale on etsy)

I imagine by the time I actually get my Maverick I'll have spent more time researching stuff than it will take them to build it, lol.

Is it just me doing that?
Nope. Me Too!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm holding out for a version that is 3m-backed raised plastic lettering. Had some on my Ranger for about a year (Before it was sold of course), and they looked great. Plenty of these out on Amazon to see (lots of pics over on Ranger 5g forums as well).

The flat versions just don't do it for me, and I'm not spending $100 on the Ford versions (my fordpass points will be better spent on other items).

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
My 2 cents is that eventually these will wear out and digging them out of the recessed lettering without scratching paint will be a freaking nightmare, definitely wait for the puffy 3m ones.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks fir the heads up. I thought they looked a little fragile on the backing. Good to know.

Do they adhere immediately or do you have time to make sure they are where you want them?
You need to check out the YouTube video as how to best apply the lettering it was on an earlier post.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to check out the YouTube video as how to best apply the lettering it was on an earlier post.
I took care of that. I had my son, whose a Quality Engineer mount them for me. Turned out great.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals? 84980F20-C811-4D8F-9B25-1D023D41B088

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick
Great reason not to choose orange. Hahah. I’ve seen a bunch of pics with matte black and it looks great

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger and Maverick