Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe it plugs into the trailer receiver.
I unscrewed the left brake light (2 bolts) removed it from the truck, and used a tap connector to connect the reverse wire from the tailgate bar to the brown wire in the reverse light. There are 3 wires connecting the brake lights. The 2 black wires are ground, brown was power.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yea...shouldnt be an issue for anyone. Run a wire and splice into the reverse lights as OP said. 3 min job

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks will definitely buy👍
Unfortunately this light bar add on is currently unavailable on Amazon they don't know when and if they'll ever get it back, And by looking at the other ones this one looks like it is the best quality and the most brightness for what you get for the money

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you open the Amazon link above and look at the product that shows 4 separate plugs for the 4 separate lights reverse, left, right, running lights
If you open the Amazon link above and look at the product that shows 4 separate plugs for the 4 separate lights reverse, left, right, running lights
my bad on the connection it's a 4 pin connector not 4 separate plugs🤣

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed the tailgate letters and the lightbar today.

20211129_171805.jpg
Question? How do you lower your spare tire as the light strip seems to block the hole, I'm still waiting on my Hybrid but my dealer has EcoBoots I didn't see enough room for strip so I guess you'd have to peel it off to change the tire

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I have seen these light bars plug into the four prong trailer connection but also have one extra wire for backup lights that has to be wired somehow... I would like to hear how and where this wire is being routed and connected on the Mav.
You will have to tap into one of the reverse light wires to get the reverse part of the strip to work properly

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question? How do you lower your spare tire as the light strip seems to block the hole, I'm still waiting on my Hybrid but my dealer has EcoBoots I didn't see enough room for strip so I guess you'd have to peel it off to change the tire
I guess is the key is don't get a flat tire

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed the tailgate letters and the lightbar today.

20211129_171805.jpg
Does your tailgate light bar work across all functions? namely brakes and turn signals? i see you got running lights working. Reason i ask is because i recently installed one tapped directly into taillights and can't get it to function properly even after testing and verifying.

OP
OP
Hizzy8122

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does your tailgate light bar work across all functions? namely brakes and turn signals? i see you got running lights working. Reason i ask is because i recently installed one tapped directly into taillights and can't get it to function properly even after testing and verifying.
Yes. It was a plug and play, however, I did have to tap into the reverse light. I ended up removing it because it turned off all other functionalities such as, reverse camera, blindside indicators and something else I believe.
Sponsored