Sponsored

pantera156

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Pantera
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
35
Location
Porto Alegre
Vehicle(s)
lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m doing this now with Bills and capermikes help. I found Zack’s hard to figure out( just me lol)
So caper Mike sent me his.
IMG_4420.jpeg
I'm understanding more with this diagram than with the first one...
In the first one it is not very clear what goes to the truck connector and what goes to the radio connector.
Tomorrow I will do the cable
 

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Threads
52
Messages
289
Reaction score
137
Location
Hartsville SC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm understanding more with this diagram than with the first one...
In the first one it is not very clear what goes to the truck connector and what goes to the radio connector.
Tomorrow I will do the cable
If you remove the locking cover from the Apim connector. Easy to follow the wires
 

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Threads
52
Messages
289
Reaction score
137
Location
Hartsville SC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you remove the locking cover from the Apim connector. Easy to follow the wires
I’ve done a couple and found a 2023 Escape dash harness at pull a part
it had the power and 6 pin cable so it was easy to connect to jumper harness
as most were are already jumpered.
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

yeahiguessman

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Angelo
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
150
Reaction score
96
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, went ahead and started the process and ended up having to call it due to finding it impossible to get two of the smaller cables unhooked from the stock APIM. But of a bummer as everything was pretty much ready to go. Does anybody have any tips? I was able to get the largest cable undone but really struggled near the end with these two that I’ve circled. Couldn’t find the pin to release them blind for the life of me. It seemed like I couldn’t access the release for the blue without first finding the release for the brown circular one.
Ford Maverick Sync4 APIM and 13.2" Screen Installation Guide (Lariat Models) IMG_0442


I’ll give it another go after Christmas.
 

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Threads
52
Messages
289
Reaction score
137
Location
Hartsville SC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had same issue I used needle nose to squeeze the release tab and used a screwdriver under the cable end and rocked back/forth. Used dielectric grease before reinstalling
 

yeahiguessman

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Angelo
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
150
Reaction score
96
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had same issue I used needle nose to squeeze the release tab and used a screwdriver under the cable end and rocked back/forth. Used dielectric grease before reinstalling
My biggest issue now is figuring out where the clip is on the brown circular one. It’s kind of blocking my path to the blue one. Do you happen to know which side (1234) of it I need to press in?
Ford Maverick Sync4 APIM and 13.2" Screen Installation Guide (Lariat Models) IMG_0442
 

yeahiguessman

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Angelo
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
150
Reaction score
96
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Attempted the swap again today and cannot for the LIFE of me, get these smaller cables to unlatch. Can hardly get my hands in there and even when I did get one of the latches pressed in I could not wiggle it out without feeling like they might break.

I also tried to find where the harness plugs in to the car on my 24 lariat hybrid and it seemed to just keep going endlessly and I couldn’t reach the end where I’d need to plug the new one in before attaching to the APIM

Odd little set backs. Not sure exactly how to proceed for now
 
Sponsored

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Threads
52
Messages
289
Reaction score
137
Location
Hartsville SC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya. You’re doing a 3-4 .
I started from scratch so mine is right in hand, hopefully Bill or others will chime that did a 3 to 4
 

pantera156

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Pantera
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
35
Location
Porto Alegre
Vehicle(s)
lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First test without programming anything...
The radio doesn't work. I hope it's because I haven't programmed anything yet!

Ford Maverick Sync4 APIM and 13.2" Screen Installation Guide (Lariat Models) photo_2024-12-23_22-38-14
 

pantera156

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Pantera
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
35
Location
Porto Alegre
Vehicle(s)
lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After programming, everything seems to work fine! Even the camera!

Now we have to put everything together and find the maps for the GPS.

Is it necessary to put an antenna on the GPS?

 

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
451
Reaction score
948
Location
Utah
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After programming, everything seems to work fine! Even the camera!

Now we have to put everything together and find the maps for the GPS.

Is it necessary to put an antenna on the GPS?

Did you have to buy the USB plug extender? Blue plug
 

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Threads
52
Messages
289
Reaction score
137
Location
Hartsville SC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same issue,
First test without programming anything...
The radio doesn't work. I hope it's because I haven't programmed anything yet!

photo_2024-12-23_22-38-14.jpg
. From what Mike told me if any codes in Apim/ Acm it shuts off sound. Tried every forscan settings that everyone posted and still no good. I can see volume change in apim.
I show 🔊in the apim settings
. I got to believe ACM coding
Im trying again today, if you figure please pass on Tks
Sponsored

 
 







Top