First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the benefit of this over just using the Sirius XM app on Android Auto or Carplay? I spent two days with two different mavericks, a hybrid and an eco and on both AA worked flawlessly with my youtube music app. Just wondering what the benefit is of spending all of this money and doing this work instead of just using AA which should allow you steering wheel controls via the app. Maybe I'm missing something?
For me, the OEM system has been nothing but unreliable….. Constant disconnects from Bluetooth, overall slow performance, and hit or miss activation of CarPlay.

Sync 3 and Sync 4 from the other vehicles I have access to have none of these issues. Sync 3 is the easy swap but Sync 4 has the wireless CarPlay option without the need of additional adapters and believe it or not, slightly easier wiring then Sync 3.
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
For me, the OEM system has been nothing but unreliable….. Constant disconnects from Bluetooth, overall slow performance, and hit or miss activation of CarPlay.

Sync 3 and Sync 4 from the other vehicles I have access to have none of these issues. Sync 3 is the easy swap but Sync 4 has the wireless CarPlay option without the need of additional adapters and believe it or not, slightly easier wiring then Sync 3.
Good to know, I know that AA and Carplay have so many variables at play to include which software version, the phone you're using and the cable you're using so maybe I'm just at an advantage using a Pixel product with AA but over 2 days not a single connection problem. Either way I appreciate the work you're doing and I was just curious if there were any other benefits aside from in your case reliability

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the benefit of this over just using the Sirius XM app on Android Auto or Carplay? I spent two days with two different mavericks, a hybrid and an eco and on both AA worked flawlessly with my youtube music app. Just wondering what the benefit is of spending all of this money and doing this work instead of just using AA which should allow you steering wheel controls via the app. Maybe I'm missing something?
The issues i have are if im using sirius i have to take my eyes off the road to change channels. If i dont have a cell connection it doesnt work. I cant use the steering controls to do anything but volume. These may seem like minor details to me but for the cost of all of this its a relatively inexpensive upgrade for me.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
The issues i have are if im using sirius i have to take my eyes off the road to change channels. If i dont have a cell connection it doesnt work. I cant use the steering controls to do anything but volume. These may seem like minor details to me but for the cost of all of this its a relatively inexpensive upgrade for me.
Well, you should be able to use the steering wheel controls via AA or Carplay by using the app through either of those.

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

This too for me. The other day i was using Carplay. I unplugged my phone but kept the truck running. About 2 minutes later I plugged my phone back in and timed how long it took for carplay to launch again. I shit you not it took a minute and 10 seconds to launch again. I didnt turn anything off. I just unplugged my phone and plugged it back in again.

Start up times on this radio are terrible. Especially when you first turn the truck on. It can take close to a minute for the touchscreen to respond.

Sponsored

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, you should be able to use the steering wheel controls via AA or Carplay by using the app through either of those.
You can only skip tracks and volume up and down. You cant change channels in the Sirius app. Also the Carplay screen for sirius doesnt update in real time what is on each channel. You have to leave your favorites and come back in to see updates.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
This too for me. The other day i was using Carplay. I unplugged my phone but kept the truck running. About 2 minutes later I plugged my phone back in and timed how long it took for carplay to launch again. I shit you not it took a minute and 10 seconds to launch again. I didnt turn anything off. I just unplugged my phone and plugged it back in again.

Start up times on this radio are terrible. Especially when you first turn the truck on. It can take close to a minute for the touchscreen to respond.
I had a completely opposite experience with android auto in two different Mavericks (standard radio, no Sync at all). I was pretty impressed with how quickly it booted into android auto and how responsive the system was.

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a completely opposite experience with android auto in two different Mavericks (standard radio, no Sync at all). I was pretty impressed with how quickly it booted into android auto and how responsive the system was.
I dont have experience with AA which may work better than Carplay. My old car before this had Carplay and it was almost instantaneous to launch when I plugged my phone in.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL

I’m on the 1.8 update and yesterday the rear view camera froze on me and stayed on the same image until I’d driven 1000 ft going forward…. It then turned off and rebooted itself (first time I’ve had it actually freeze on me)

funny thing is even with the frozen backup image, the volume control was still responding

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m on the 1.8 update and yesterday the rear view camera froze on me and stayed on the same image until I’d driven 1000 ft going forward…. It then turned off and rebooted itself (first time I’ve had it actually freeze on me)

funny thing is even with the frozen backup image, the volume control was still responding
Yesterday I had my screen freeze up for the first time I couldn't do anything with it.The samething only my volume worked.Everything worked once I turn the truck off and started it again

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Yesterday I had my screen freeze up for the first time I couldn't do anything with it.The samething only my volume worked.Everything worked once I turn the truck off and started it again
It wouldn’t even soft reset? (Power button and >|> together for 5 seconds)

TrippMe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been having a very frustrating time with my Google Pixel 6 (newest most current HW and SW) and my XLT Lux infotainment system and Bluetooth dropping consistently. AA also drops consistently and can take up to 5 minutes to reconnect. I did buy the Motorola MA1 dongle and while it works great, it too consistently drops (cause it's using bluetooth too).

If this tweak helps make that better I'm excited to try it.

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been having a very frustrating time with my Google Pixel 6 (newest most current HW and SW) and my XLT Lux infotainment system and Bluetooth dropping consistently. AA also drops consistently and can take up to 5 minutes to reconnect. I did buy the Motorola MA1 dongle and while it works great, it too consistently drops (cause it's using bluetooth too).

If this tweak helps make that better I'm excited to try it.
Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Pixel 6 phone.I had the Pixel 3a phone and never really has a problem with the phone. You would think a newer phone would be better. I now have the Samsung S21 and I my Pixel 3a was better phone. The S21 freezes up at times sometimes I don't get phone calls.

mikedege

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, My Google pixel 6 works flawlessly with my Hybrid Lariat(not Lux package) Sync system. Nothing but good things to say. No issues with its Android Auto working quite well. I am not sure why some others are having a different experience.

Mike
Sponsored