First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm confused, does the Lariat with option package 500A (standard) have SYNC 3 or do you have to have the Lux package?
Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm confused, does the Lariat with option package 500A (standard) have SYNC 3 or do you have to have the Lux package?
Sync3 is now only available with a Lariat Lux package. But Android Auto will do just about the same thing.

Last edited:

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hmm was hoping there was something on the difference between the sync3 lariat than sync 3 with the lariat lux package as the verbiage implies some voice and other things, which I do not know much about.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

hmm was hoping there was something on the difference between the sync3 lariat than sync 3 with the lariat lux package as the verbiage implies some voice and other things, which I do not know much about.
There is.
Without lux, you need to have your phone plugged into USB (unless you get one of the wireless adapters) and the use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to do things. Those take over the car’s screen, but can switch to normal display afterwards.
With Lux, you can use the Bluetooth connection and command your phone to do things; play music, listen to texts, make/receive calls, etc. I do this with my Fusion and Escape all the time. I only plug into USB when traveling and want the map on the Sync display; because I don’t have navigation. Never spent money for Nav because I can do this for free.
With Lux, you can also use voice commands to change temperature and radio stations. Not really needed.
With Lux you get SiriusXM capability, 3 months of free service. I use SiriusXM.

Kind of depends how you want to use your tech. Certainly can do most things with the non-lux, but Lux more convenient especially with the other goodies it comes with.

BTW - not called Sync3 for non-lux
Sponsored