This 100% explanation is spot on. You will lose some mpg but it’ll be marginal. Maybe .5 mpg depending on how you drive and wind obviously. You can offset it by putting lower resistance tires ect but I really doubt it would affect it to a degree that anyone would really care. Now lifting the...
Just wondering if anyone is running this screen upgrade from car abc https://carabc.cn/collections/ford/products/carabc-13-2-inch-screen-upgrade-kit-for-the-2022-2024-ford-maverick-wireless-carplay-android-auto-head-unit-upgrade
I was thinking about upgrading the base 8” screen in my XLT and...
When I coded mine to completely off using for scan I remember having to do two modules. The first one was BCM, just shutting off/eliminating ASS then I had to go to the ABS module and code it if in there as well. It sounds odd I know but it has nothing to do with shutting off your abs brakes or...
I did it with my schwaben extractor. Took about 10 minutes with oil still hot. I extracted right at about 5.7qt I had no issue removing all of it I put a bit of pressure on the hose with my hand to make sure it stayed down, then replaced it with about 5.7qt of fresh 5w30 Mobil 1. Only part that...
When installing new 315mhz TPMs you have to wake them up with a tool it’s not as simple as rotating tires, your sensors are already awake and adjust. Whatever shop installed your tires can and will do that. Mine was discount tire they do it for free regardless if you purchase any tire just drop by.
They did well for me also but at 45k on them I questioned the capability in deeper snow and slush. I’ll definitely replace them with another set this summer for tue 3 seasons as a daily. Agreed good tire very capable.
Honestly i would have guessed our transmissions would give faster than anything but it seems to be solid so far. I was never really too worried about the motor being able to push 250k. These 2.0’s are wet belt driven correct? That would be the only thing I’d be worried about engine wise.
I’ve...
No module just a heating element that powers on once plugged into 110 outlet. However it is not an easy install. One key aspect if you’re operating the block heater do not leave it plugged in overnight it’s not reccomended even by ford. It reaches a maximum operating temperature in 3 hours...
Can it be a DIY job, yes. Should you attempt it if you have little or no experience working on cars, probably not. First you need to drain the coolant as that’s where the heating element sits and you need to refil it and bleed/burp the system. Second it’s not an easy spot to get to without...
They came stock on my tremor and I ran them the first season last year with 100% tread. I drive a lot 30k miles a year and they’re worn down at 40k I didn’t wanna run them again in the winter with little tread so opted for winter set thets dedicated. I’ll just replace the wild peaks this year...
I loved my Vredstein Wintrac Pro. I ran them on my 2018 Audi S3. LOVED the tread pattern and its ability to dipperse water and ins any deep slush. They were quiet as well and still maintained a sporty feel where the S3 was able to handle ok’ish. Yeah I miss that car. Great choice in tire. If my...
Probably the best in business indeed. I had a pair of hakkapeliittas on my 17 Fiesta St they were by far the best snow tire I ever ran. Blizzak were a close second on my wife’s bmw 228i. Thanks for the info definitely a great tire.
I’m not sure if the OEM cable will reach but there’s a solution even if it doesn’t. Where I mounted my bulkhead pass through the OEM cable was a tad short so I picked up a 3’ outdoor extension cord from Amazon and made the connection. With that same cord I can pretty much guarantee it’ll reach...
I considered the Generals and would have probably ended up with them but tire rack only had 3 in stock at the time. The Toyo was decently priced and with the option to stud(not that I ever will) was cool.
Oh nice, yeah you can’t go wrong with Michelin. How is the road noise? 15” is a great test, that’s impressive. I’m Indiana so far 6-7”
Was the most I’ve seen and it was no problem haha.
Who else is fully utilizing their engine block heaters in these winter elements? I know I sure am 😆 even with the looming recall on it that I haven’t serviced yet I can’t help but plug it in for cold morning startups.
Oh yeah as for the mod well it’s pretty self explanatory with the bulkhead...