First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my ‘23 Lariat Tremor, the wireless charger is heating up my iPhones and though my iPhones show the charging emblem, they actually do not charge. Has anyone noticed this and have come to a resolution to fixing this issue?
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my ‘23 Lariat Tremor, the wireless charger is heating up my iPhones and though my iPhones show the charging emblem, they actually do not charge. Has anyone noticed this and have come to a resolution to fixing this issue?
My wife has a 2023 Bronco Sport with the wireless and it's basically useless. All it does is heat it up a lot and maintain the current charge.. So she stopped using the it and just plugs it in.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wireless charger works just fine with my i Phone. My iPhone does get warm when using it but all my wireless chargers do the same thing. I did have troubles at first with it charging, but once I change my iPhone case, it works now.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unless I'm on a long trip, I've never found the need to charge my phone while in a vehicle. I don't have an iphone, though.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The wireless charger in my Maverick and in my wife's Bronco do absolutely nothing other than heat up the phone.

My wireless charger works just fine with my i Phone. My iPhone does get warm when using it but all my wireless chargers do the same thing. I did have troubles at first with it charging, but once I change my iPhone case, it works now.
I have a thin case on my pixel6 and have tried removing it entirely. No change at all.

In both vehicles the infotainment shows that wireless charging is in use, but the phones never gain a single percentage.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The resolution is for Ford to put in a better charger that they didn't design 10 years ago. 😏 Short of that, there is no fix.

Same comment applies to the questionable "400w" inverter that trips on anything above a laptop charger.

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not a brand loyalist by any means but I gotta say I have never charged my IPhone 14 Pro Max ever during the day and always had plenty of juice left. Next to the Maverick one of my best purchases. I have a Garmin Instinct 2X also. Who knew how much better life is without spending a minute thinking about battery life during the day lol.

OP
OP
thallman1125

thallman1125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not a brand loyalist by any means but I gotta say I have never charged my IPhone 14 Pro Max ever during the day and always had plenty of juice left. Next to the Maverick one of my best purchases. I have a Garmin Instinct 2X also. Who knew how much better life is without spending a minute thinking about battery life during the day lol.
That’s great, but I do IT for the Department of Justice and am constantly on either of my 2 iPhones or my laptop. My battery life drains on both iPhones.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s great, but I do IT for the Department of Justice and am constantly on either of my 2 iPhones or my laptop. My battery life drains on both iPhones.
then get a high watt USB C 12v plug, this is the best charging solution. They are pretty cheap on Amazon and you can use a usb c to lightning cable. Faster than the ports in the truck too.

OP
OP
thallman1125

thallman1125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
then get a high watt USB C 12v plug, this is the best charging solution. They are pretty cheap on Amazon and you can use a usb c to lightning cable. Faster than the ports in the truck too.
Defeats the purpose of the built in wireless charger.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Defeats the purpose of the built in wireless charger.
You’re not wrong, but the stock one is pretty bad.

max it will charge is 7.5w, my iPhone moves off center, and I think a phone case + the rubber tray creates a lot of additional wasted efficiency because of the thickness.

also if you ever add a wireless CarPlay dongle, the battery drain is faster than it can charge.
Sponsored