First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took a little photography trip up to the Donnelly, Idaho area in my 2022 Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid yesterday. Some of the backroads were snow-packed, but the stock FWD truck with the basic Continental tires did just fine. I purchased the truck from a local dealer when the original purchaser passed on their order and the truck became available. I still have an XLT Hybrid ordered on Oct. 25, 2021 that has never been scheduled. Should it ever show, I will decide whether to sell it or this XL.. Of course that is if it EVER shows. I figured a Maverick in the hand was better than one in the bush.

Ford Maverick Stock Hybrid XL in the Snow RBO_6796

Ford Maverick Stock Hybrid XL in the Snow RBO_6815

Ford Maverick Stock Hybrid XL in the Snow RBO_6825
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great pics!

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice pics. I'm glad to hear that the FWD is good in those conditions. I have already posted a few comments praising the factory Continentals on my AWD. I was set to replace them with Michelin Cross Climate 2. But I'm glad I didn't spend the money on them, as the stock tires are great in the snow, slush, ice. The area where they showed some weakness was on a tight clover leaf on ramp. I push it hard going into those curves to be at pace with merging traffic. The tires did not feel very sticky in this situation. I attribute some of that to the fact that they are only 225mm wide and there's also some sacrifice with tires that perform well in other areas.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice pics. I'm glad to hear that the FWD is good in those conditions. I have already posted a few comments praising the factory Continentals on my AWD. I was set to replace them with Michelin Cross Climate 2. But I'm glad I didn't spend the money on them, as the stock tires are great in the snow, slush, ice. The area where they showed some weakness was on a tight clover leaf on ramp. I push it hard going into those curves to be at pace with merging traffic. The tires did not feel very sticky in this situation. I attribute some of that to the fact that they are only 225mm wide and there's also some sacrifice with tires that perform well in other areas.
If you think the contis are ok, I highly recommend the CC2. They will blow your mind. Visited my inlaws in northern WI over the holidays and my hybrid was a beast

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome pics. The cactus looks so good in the snow.

Sponsored

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took a little photography trip up to the Donnelly, Idaho area in my 2022 Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid yesterday. Some of the backroads were snow-packed, but the stock FWD truck with the basic Continental tires did just fine. I purchased the truck from a local dealer when the original purchaser passed on their order and the truck became available. I still have an XLT Hybrid ordered on Oct. 25, 2021 that has never been scheduled. Should it ever show, I will decide whether to sell it or this XL.. Of course that is if it EVER shows. I figured a Maverick in the hand was better than one in the bush.

RBO_6796.jpg

RBO_6815.jpg

RBO_6825.jpg
That cactus gray looks amazing

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im in reno right now for work with my fwd ecoboost. Stock xlt tires and havent had any issues the last few days when it snowed a lot and last night there was a ton of ice on the road. Fwd with that slippery mode has made me feel safe while im here. Im from vegas so coming here was definitely scary at first. But now im loving it.
My hotel doesnt do maintenance on their parking lot and havent had issues getting in or out parking lot with snow and ice on pavement. Loving this truck!

Reactions: Aza

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you think the contis are ok, I highly recommend the CC2. They will blow your mind. Visited my inlaws in northern WI over the holidays and my hybrid was a beast
That does not surprise me at all. I'm trying to get my tires worn down as fast as I can so I can justify getting the Michelins.🤪 Have you observed a decrease in gas mileage? That was the only Knock on them on Consumer Reports. Also I'd like to see a pic of how they look on your truck if possible.

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Im in reno right now for work with my fwd ecoboost. Stock xlt tires and havent had any issues the last few days when it snowed a lot and last night there was a ton of ice on the road. Fwd with that slippery mode has made me feel safe while im here. Im from vegas so coming here was definitely scary at first. But now im loving it.
My hotel doesnt do maintenance on their parking lot and havent had issues getting in or out parking lot with snow and ice on pavement. Loving this truck!
It seems that Ford hit it out of the park when it comes to inclement weather, no matter how our Mavs are configured.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RBO_6796.jpg

RBO_6815.jpg

RBO_6825.jpg

Thank you for the pictures and information. With this winter it is the only real concern I have is how the hybrid will do with snow. Luckily my job has snow days so shouldn’t be a big deal.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The stock tires are just okay with snow, but suck on any kind of ice. Switched them out before the second snow fall without hesitation.

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The stock tires are just okay with snow, but suck on any kind of ice. Switched them out before the second snow fall without hesitation.
What did you go with? I’m considering upgrading my hybrid to either Goodyear Weatherreadys or Scorpion 3 peak rated All Terrains (not the fx4 tires). I agree. 16k on the stock Contis and they really have poor grip now they are around 6/32.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RBO_6796.jpg

RBO_6815.jpg

RBO_6825.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous all around truck and scenery.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What did you go with? I’m considering upgrading my hybrid to either Goodyear Weatherreadys or Scorpion 3 peak rated All Terrains (not the fx4 tires). I agree. 16k on the stock Contis and they really have poor grip now they are around 6/32.
I got a set of Nokian WR-G4s, they weren't my first choice, would have got Michelin Cross Climate 2s, but that was what I could get in terms of all weather tires.

I will likely put the stock tires back on for summer, because they have a softer ride, and they only have 3k miles on them. I considered some all terrains, but I don't off road, and the main problem I have with them is that they have a compound that is still meant for temperatures over freezing. At least the all weathers were rated for temperatures below freezing. Where I am ice is more of an issue from freezing after rainfall, we don't get a lot of snow, but when it does we tend to get good dumps.

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a set of Nokian WR-G4s, they weren't my first choice, would have got Michelin Cross Climate 2s, but that was what I could get in terms of all weather tires.

I will likely put the stock tires back on for summer, because they have a softer ride, and they only have 3k miles on them. I considered some all terrains, but I don't off road, and the main problem I have with them is that they have a compound that is still meant for temperatures over freezing. At least the all weathers were rated for temperatures below freezing. Where I am ice is more of an issue from freezing after rainfall, we don't get a lot of snow, but when it does we tend to get good dumps.
Yeah I’m in NE Ohio - kind of the same situation. We got hit with a hell of an ice storm and I saw the vulnerabilities of the OEMs. Leaning towards the Goodyear Weatherreadys as well due to soy compound that stays grippy in the cold.
Sponsored