22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed the Steeda BOV today. I know this mod can be on the cheap for like $5 by removing some tubing and covering the intake hole, but I didn't mind the small investment in the billet piece from Steeda. It makes a fun lil woosh sound when ya let off the gas, which is fun to hear. No video but there are a few out there on YouTube you can check out. Installation couldn't be easier.
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I watched the video for the cheap mod and they provided no information at all on the installation. So I never got it. Not one reply to people in the comments asking about the installation either. It's just a cap, but if you've ever seen the video from panda motorsports, it's pretty cringe.

I'd like to try it just for the fun of it but I doubt I'd keep it on. So $5 is about right lol.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah the video from Panda was complete garbage with nothing really helping show you how to do their thing. The Steeda BOV is simple and there are videos showing exactly what to do. I know it could be figured out even with the cheap route, but I am ok with the Steeda piece.

Kofad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Installed the Steeda BOV today. I know this mod can be on the cheap for like $5 by removing some tubing and covering the intake hole, but I didn't mind the small investment in the billet piece from Steeda. It makes a fun lil woosh sound when ya let off the gas, which is fun to hear. No video but there are a few out there on YouTube you can check out. Installation couldn't be easier.
Agreed! Installation was simple though it's a little tight back there. I also ended up dropping an allen key in the engine bay when I was tightening the last bolt, so that was fun.

A good tip I saw in one of the videos is to apply grease to the seals so they don't fall out during installation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed! Installation was simple though it's a little tight back there. I also ended up dropping an allen key in the engine bay when I was tightening the last bolt, so that was fun.

A good tip I saw in one of the videos is to apply grease to the seals so they don't fall out during installation.
Yea I applied some lithium grease to hold the O rings in place. Yes it is a lil tight and you need a swivel socket to get it done. I dropped a small 5/16" socket in mine so don't feel bad, lol.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed mine this morning and it’s a basic job aside from having zero clearance on the inside bolt closest to the intake. If I were to do it over again, I’d remove the rubber hose that the BOV is located in and bolt it all up on my bench. Install then would only be compressing the hose clamps and sliding them over the hose.

Javskies

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used a ratchet with a bit adapter and an extended I believe and it was super easy for me
Sponsored