First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick - 21 Bronco - 53 Merc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Over the weekend I installed the K&N air intake & Boomba BoV on the Mav.

Prior to install I managed about 200-250 miles on stock.
Post install I felt a bit more "pep" around 2.5 - 4k range (could be mental) my wife says it feels the same as it did when it was stock.

I guess the most noticable changes are the air noises and BoV sounds now. I will say compared to my Bronco the Boomba BoV is pretty timid. Sounds best when you let off around 2-3k under load. Short of that its kind of lack luster.

BoV install was a breeze once the factory intake was out. And the CAI install was equally easy, with the hardest part being the removal of the factory "unservicable" connectors. Sbort of that the whole thing took less than 1 hour to take apart and put together.

Either way, mod looks pretty neat in the engine bay, and butt dyno seems to feel like it was worth spend.

Ford Maverick 2.0L K&N intake installed + Boomba BoV 20230513_132131

Ford Maverick 2.0L K&N intake installed + Boomba BoV 20230513_132122

Ford Maverick 2.0L K&N intake installed + Boomba BoV 20230513_132118
Sponsored

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somethings to consider: it is not clear (AFAIK) of much positive benefit of intake on a forced (turbo) intake engine (there might be some, but minimal); open intakes more likely increase temperature of air into system due to engine compartment heat (I know that it has some "seal" against the hood, but there is still plenty of open area elsewhere); careful with oiled intakes and MAF sensor fouling-use the minimum oil on filter (I prefer dry filters like AFE, etc).

There can be increased intake sounds which is worth 100hp if you're into such. Just the early morning musings over coffee. Enjoy your maverick.

OP
OP
Demosouthpaw

Demosouthpaw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Somethings to consider: it is not clear (AFAIK) of much positive benefit of intake on a forced (turbo) intake engine (there might be some, but minimal); open intakes more likely increase temperature of air into system due to engine compartment heat (I know that it has some "seal" against the hood, but there is still plenty of open area elsewhere); careful with oiled intakes and MAF sensor fouling-use the minimum oil on filter (I prefer dry filters like AFE, etc).

There can be increased intake sounds which is worth 100hp if you're into such. Just the early morning musings over coffee. Enjoy your maverick.
Thanks for your feedback, to your point I do recall reading similar things when doing my research prior to installing.

Mav has a MAP not MAF not too worried in that arena. But I understand oil vs paper, and all the liabilities involved.

That said....What coffee we drinking??

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad you didn't get offended (never know in faceless forums). Nothing exciting, just Kureg fake cappuccino. Yeah, MAF term is generic to me but not accurate for all vehicles.

OP
OP
Demosouthpaw

Demosouthpaw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm glad you didn't get offended (never know in faceless forums). Nothing exciting, just Kureg fake cappuccino. Yeah, MAF term is generic to me but not accurate for all vehicles.

Its all to very easy to "offend" now-a-days lol!

No worries-I took it as you just sharing knowledge. Nothing wrong with saving people the trouble by sharing past experiences/research. Its the only way we get better!

Black rifle coffee here *cheers*

Last edited:

Sponsored

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks pretty slick not gonna lie.

Do you have that setup?
It's supposed to release in the next couple months. As I understand it, they were gonna be coming out with it sooner but it got pushed back a bit.

Frankly, I like the look of the K&N. Of all the intakes, I think it looks very at home in the engine baby. Simple and clean. As far as performance goes, S&B's intake will likely be one of the best. New, larger ducting to the filter, enclosed air box, and (to my knowledge) it's the only one to replace the inlet piece before the turbo.

For applications like the Ecoboost though, which intake to go with is really something that I feel most folk don't have to worry their heads too much over.

The stock intake actually supports the 2.0L pretty well. To yield the most of most any aftermarket intake on the Maverick, a decent amount of supporting mods would be in the picture as well (tune, FMIC, DP, upgraded turbo, etc).

With just an intake, folk will likely only experience a mild bump in performance that they may or may not really notice. Not that I'm against the modification. Even if someone is swapping for just a tiny bit more oomph or fun induction noises, if it's improving their driving experience, awesome!
Sponsored