First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick and Honda CR-V
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Want to upgrade the sound quality, specifically a little better/deeper bass and do it on a frugal budget. Are there any real compelling reasons to go with a component system up front vs coaxial speakers? Not sure I'm ready to pull the dash speaker assembly and solder connections. Next on the list was going to be a small, powered subwoofer behind the rear seat just to flesh out the lower octaves. Or should I start with the sub first?
Sponsored

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PowerBass OE65C-FD are drop in replacements that should mate right up to the factory connectors for the front door and dash speakers. There will be no splicing or soldering needed. As for adding a subwoofer, there are many using smaller units self amplified units kicker has one, and other brands. But if you browse through this section there many who have made their own boxes to fit under the rear set.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dash tweeters are even simpler to get at than the doors in my opinion. You can pretty much do all of it by hand.
A hand job?

Last edited:
OP
OP
m_s_ferguson

m_s_ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just purchased Infinity REF-6532IX for the front and Infinity REF-6432CFX 4x6's for the rear. Stage one nearly complete. After installing the speakers I'll re-visit whether I need a sub to be happy with the sound.

Thanks for the assistance.

Sponsored

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please post an update regarding your satisfaction with those speakers!

Thanks!

OP
OP
m_s_ferguson

m_s_ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please post an update regarding your satisfaction with those speakers!

Thanks!
Will do! I've been in research paralysis for the past month trying to figure out what to buy. Finally decided a good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan that never gets implemented. Then I grabbed my wallet and hit Amazon.

jayrx7trbo2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 fx4 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just purchased Infinity REF-6532IX for the front and Infinity REF-6432CFX 4x6's for the rear. Stage one nearly complete. After installing the speakers I'll re-visit whether I need a sub to be happy with the sound.

Thanks for the assistance.
any pics, and how much better is the sound quality

OP
OP
m_s_ferguson

m_s_ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any pics, and how much better is the sound quality
I'll be sure to takes pics and report back on my thoughts on the sound. Speakers are scheduled for delivery on 11/21. It'll be a few days until I can free up some alone time with my Maverick.

OP
OP
m_s_ferguson

m_s_ferguson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've installed the front speakers and it definitely improved the sound. Quite a bit more bass, not bass that hits you in the gut, but deep enough to feel. It has been a little too cold to work on the rear speakers, don't want to wrestle with the plastic trim when it's just a few degrees above freezing.
Not sure why Crutchfield lists the Infinity REF-6532IX as not fitting, it worked out well for me, no rubbing, etc...

I used these adapters for the front:
Harmony Speaker Adapters
Didn't need to trim any tabs off the adapters.

And this speaker harness:
Metra Speaker Harness

These are the speakers I ordered, price has increased since my order, paid $99.95:
Infinity Speakers
Photo on Amazon for the speaker bundle shows panel removal tools, but I didn't receive them. Not a real issue, I already had them for previous speaker upgrades.

Sponsored

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Want to upgrade the sound quality, specifically a little better/deeper bass and do it on a frugal budget. Are there any real compelling reasons to go with a component system up front vs coaxial speakers? Not sure I'm ready to pull the dash speaker assembly and solder connections. Next on the list was going to be a small, powered subwoofer behind the rear seat just to flesh out the lower octaves. Or should I start with the sub first?
For those not wanting to tear into anything, granted the speakers aren't top notch, I have ran sound for bands over 15 years, try taking the EQ settings down especially the bass as bass will severely limit volume, get the volume you want then tailor the other parameters to that. Hope this helps

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those not wanting to tear into anything, granted the speakers aren't top notch, I have ran sound for bands over 15 years, try taking the EQ settings down especially the bass as bass will severely limit volume, get the volume you want then tailor the other parameters to that. Hope this helps
Lower the bass? But why?

Ford Maverick Speaker upgrades on a budget? loud-music-speakers

I'll be trying to squeeze in some SKAR 6.5" and a 6x9 that are likely too big for the braces behind them (mounting depth), but, a Dremel works wonders... (I hope)

Plus, sound deadening material too... in small amounts. I don't plan on ripping everything apart.

*Edit
To clarify, I have the B&O system with the 6x9 in the rear. If the sound is not to my liking, I'll replace the 6x9 with a 10" sub later on.

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are the ones I use, I like to crank up my Lawrence Welk music while driving so I can hear over all the deaf people playing their music loudly. It is somewhat unidirectional.
Ford Maverick Speaker upgrades on a budget? $_86.JPG
Sponsored