First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one from Auto EQ. Delivered a month ago now waiting for my truck.

BIG_daddy_qwerty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New thing I learned from the winter! Ice can build and catch in between the Bison end flap and the tailgate. Trying to open when theres ice and youd have to almost pry it off. So not cool when youre trying to get that sucker open.

Once the weather is a touch clear, I suggest to grab some quick drying silicone spray (I bought 3-in-One brand, looks like this https://www.amazon.ca/WD-40-WD-40®-3-in-ONE®-Silicone-Lubricant/dp/B07PRZ9P8Z but you might have some at home or grab a can from CT or Princess Auto). Anyways, flip the first panel up and do a quick spray on all the rubber flappy things along the edge. Also, take a rag and wipe the edge of the tailgate too. Should handle the whole year but I may apply again at the end of Fall just in case.

Im probably going to do the door seals as well since I remember during one of many "storms of the century" :) that the doors were also frozen a touch. I might even do more spray work on the bison, like the rubber on each flap but maybe another time.

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those with a Bison cover, mine didn't quite last the winter unscathed, the hardware underneath the cover is starting to rust

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover PXL_20230409_002005930

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those with a Bison cover, mine didn't quite last the winter unscathed, the hardware underneath the cover is starting to rust
They were pretty responsive to me for after-sale support. If you get replacement parts, maybe lube them before the winter season. Thanks for the heads up !

Off-topic, I really hate the wire-pull. It's not always easy to grab sight unseen. I asked them why they didn't have plastic pull handles (as pictured), said something about them jamming up in the winter.

Ford Maverick Hard Folding Tonneau Cover BackFlip_DSCF7556-min_80e8d0be-cbfe-4efe-8312-a69c025d013c_1024x1024

Sponsored

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They were pretty responsive to me for after-sale support. If you get replacement parts, maybe lube them before the winter season. Thanks for the heads up !

Off-topic, I really hate the wire-pull. It's not always easy to grab sight unseen. I asked them why they didn't have plastic pull handles (as pictured), said something about them jamming up in the winter.

BackFlip_DSCF7556-min_80e8d0be-cbfe-4efe-8312-a69c025d013c_1024x1024.jpg
I've emailed them twice and no response so far :( yeah I agree with the wire pulls for me requires me to remove my gloves lol

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

BackFlip_DSCF7556-min_80e8d0be-cbfe-4efe-8312-a69c025d013c_1024x1024.jpg
No response, I guess the hardware underneath isn't important enough

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No response, I guess the hardware underneath isn't important enough
Thanks for the heads up anyway. I'll make sure to lubricate them from now on. Were you dealing with Alex Amire?

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jblade44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT with Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picking up my 24 Hybrid Lux Thursday so ordered the the Bison BackFlip yesterday. It arrived today to my surprise so guess I have a task to do this weekend. Dealer wanted like 2K for the Ford one so figured how much worse can this be? Worse case, replace after a couple years but will see how it lasts.
Sponsored