Sponsored

So, you've ordered. Do you have concerns?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
My only concern is that it will be here before I have my cash ready.... After my trade-in hits 100,000 miles around Oct. it becomes a matter of dimensioning returns ...So Oct sometime would be great.
Timing is one reason I decided to cancel my Santa Cruz Reservation because the Cruz would've been here 9/1...Way too early for me to have my down ready..I want at least 20% down..
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I didn't say Mexican workers were the concern, I said BRAND NEW workers were.
Understood, my bad. However, most of the illegals are entering the USA and going to work building quality homes and have never built to US standards. So they are new workers in the USA as well as to home building as well. So while you are right they are new workers they are also new workers in the USA. They've never built trucks before and they haven't built homes before. So that is what I was trying to say as well. But I should have explained it better.

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What date did you order & what date did Ford confirm? I ordered on 7/14/21 & still waiting for email confirmation from Ford.
Did you ever get your email confirmation from Ford? If not, I would contact your dealer. I received mine while I was at the dealership ordering the Maverick.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My concern: Longevity of this truck and its hybrid engine. This might be my first and only truck at this segment and would like to keep it as long as I can. I figure this truck is the crucial turning point before everyone goes full electric.

I envision 10 to 15 years from now and most cars on the road are electric and charging station prices have sky rocketed and gas prices have plummeted. I go to my garage, take the Maverick out, and cruise down on Sunset Blvd, dodging all those stranded electric cars!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My concern: Longevity of this truck and its hybrid engine. This might be my first and only truck at this segment and would like to keep it as long as I can. I figure this truck is the crucial turning point before everyone goes full electric.

I envision 10 to 15 years from now and most cars on the road are electric and charging station prices have sky rocketed and gas prices have plummeted. I go to my garage, take the Maverick out, and cruise down on Sunset Blvd, dodging all those stranded electric cars!
Yeah Baby!!!

Sponsored

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I read posts and information in this forum, my growing concern is “am I buying a compact truck or a Escape with a 4 foot bed that looks like a truck?”

I’m thinking a Ranger would be a better fit, especially with the $1,500.00 current Ford incentive for factory orders.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I read posts and information in this forum, my growing concern is “am I buying a compact truck or a Escape with a 4 foot bed that looks like a truck?”

I’m thinking a Ranger would be a better fit, especially with the $1,500.00 current Ford incentive for factory orders.
If that’s how you feel, go for it! For me it’s just enough truck and just enough crossover.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my opinion, you just gotta be honest on how you're really going to use the truck.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
My concerns are first year production. That's always a thing as they work the kinks out. Not too worried about inexpensive materials. Hope it doesn't make all that "flexing plastic" noises though. For $20,000+ I'll live with the growing pains if any.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette

Sounds like a Ranger would be a better fit for you cuz I agree, I think this is basically an Escape with a 4 ft bed; that's why I want it.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Peach, my brother that just bought a new Ranger ordered an engine cover from ebay, I think. It was designed for the 2.3l ecoboost used in the Rangers, and apparently just snapped in place. If there are covers for the 2.0, which may be the exact same as the 2.0, they should likely fit.
tom
Ford initially included engine covers on the Rangers and I believe at some point they stopped including them. So it's not limited to the cheaper Maverick. My $37k Ranger didn't come with one either. The 2.0 Bronco Sports come with an engine cover that I guarantee will snap right on the Maverick Ecoboost. Looks like the Bronco Sport Ecoboost also comes with underhood insulation. I would be surprised if this didn't fit the Mav as well or could at least be modified easily to fit. Also, what we have seen thus far has been preproduction. We might get lucky and find that production Ecoboost Mavs come with one or both of these from the factory.

Sounds like a Ranger would be a better fit for you cuz I agree, I think this is basically an Escape with a 4 ft bed; that's why I want it.
I also agree. The Maverick is an SUV with a bed. That's what some of us, most I would say, are in for. I enjoy the conveniences and comfort of an SUV over a body on frame truck but I also like having a bed for things that are too big or too dirty to go inside. I like my Ranger overall but I'm hoping the things I don't love about it will be cured by the Maverick. Related sidenote...I was soooo close to buying a Honda Ridgeline before I bought my Ranger. It rode fantastic, was very smooth and quiet, easy to get in and out of, and had what felt like a ton of room inside compared to the Ranger. These same things are what draw me to the Maverick.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Go for it.

If that’s how you feel, go for it! For me it’s just enough truck and just enough crossover.
Agree with your "just enough truck, just enough crossover' statement.

I like it because it is the only Hybrid truck on the market. I originally thought I'd never get a Hybrid. My buddy talked me into getting the Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I loved it and the 45 MPG (using ethanol free fuel). The wife wanted another Lexus so we just traded up to the Lexus ES300h (Hybrid) and am getting the same 45 MPG (using ethanol free fuel). I've had a Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Colorado, RAM 1500, F250, F150 and Dodge Dakota. I wanted a small truck and since I am now a fan of Hybrid, it only makes sense. I was looking at the Electric ONLY trucks and they are all big trucks getting 200 to 300 miles on a charge. I would have to have the service upgraded in my home in order to install a charging station. God only knows how much that would cost and entail. So HYBRID small truck Maverick is a WINNER, WINNER, Chicken Dinner.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ever get your email confirmation from Ford? If not, I would contact your dealer. I received mine while I was at the dealership ordering the Maverick.
Yes, I finally received my email from Ford this past Monday. I suspect my dealer did not place the order until Monday although I do not know for sure?

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I finally received my email from Ford this past Monday. I suspect my dealer did not place the order until Monday although I do not know for sure?
If you got a 'preview order' from your dealer, it will have the date/time the order was placed near the top of the page at the right side.(on the first line). That would inform as to the date the order was submitted.
tom
Sponsored