First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First thing I am getting is a NY Giant sticker for my back window. Now that we don't suck anymore. I do love the sill protectors are they available in different colors?
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like you have a mild case accessoritis!

OP
OP

devildawg23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Link for the sill protectors. These come in blue, red, silver, but a simple search will find you more. I did cut a 1/4 inch off the top edge to make it so I didn't have to deal with curves in the metal. The rubber stripping covered the cuts. The letters are also a simple search with many options. My wife got mine for my birthday so I am not sure which ones exactly.

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great, I have the tailgate letters- the tri-fold bed cover- floormats- vent visors. I have had that stuff since 12/21- but the stuff sits in the garage, waiting a year plus for the truck. ordered 10/21 we reorder 10/15/22

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have tailgate letters to do this weekend, wondering if anyone used the wet method to do theirs? scares me thinking about spraying soapy water on the sticky stuff and then having the letters not stick?
I just used the matte black letters and while a bit nervous at first, once the M went on they all were pretty easy. Took less than 15 min. I did not use the wet method.

Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great, I have the tailgate letters- the tri-fold bed cover- floormats- vent visors. I have had that stuff since 12/21- but the stuff sits in the garage, waiting a year plus for the truck. ordered 10/21 we reorder 10/15/22
Yeah, I have done the tailgate letters, Liverpool logo on my hitch cover, tri-fold tonneau, storage net across back of bed so far. Going to do blacked out logos and hopefully the dee zee tailgate dampener this weekend if I have the right bit. Will eventually tint front windows to match the rears and that should be it buy you never know.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you got the hard style letters and not just a sticker you are over thinking it. Just wipe the spot where each one goes with an alcohol wipe and stick it on.
yes and no.

if your letters are Ford factory or the 3rd party seller included the strong 3M double-stick adhesive on their letters, you will want to heat them with a hair dryer or heat gun to get the adhesive to set. clean, stick on and press for 30 seconds, heat gun.

speaking of that, the OP also should do this technique in reverse and get rid of that ghastly dealership badge. (y)

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first mod.

Why in the world would I put a RAM plug on my Maverick you might ask. Well, my initials are R A M that's why.

Ford Maverick So Begins the Personalization PXL_20221104_202825029

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes and no.

if your letters are Ford factory or the 3rd party seller included the strong 3M double-stick adhesive on their letters, you will want to heat them with a hair dryer or heat gun to get the adhesive to set. clean, stick on and press for 30 seconds, heat gun.

speaking of that, the OP also should do this technique in reverse and get rid of that ghastly dealership badge. (y)
I am not saying not to do this. But I put mine on in 50 degree weather and have no concerns about it not setting. Quality adhesive does not need heat, unless it is exceptionally cold.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to a tip from another poster my chrome letters are on the way from oemparts. Gotta use the reward points on something nice. I thought the chrome would complement the silver around the tailgate badge and stand out more than black. I almost went with orange, but not as many people would recognize the match to the interior accents.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks to a tip from another poster my chrome letters are on the way from oemparts. Gotta use the reward points on something nice. I thought the chrome would complement the silver around the tailgate badge and stand out more than black. I almost went with orange, but not as many people would recognize the match to the interior accents.
Same logic I used and I like the results.

Ford Maverick So Begins the Personalization PXL_20220922_235524627

kano2122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering a ‘23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Being the highly skilled, mechanical guy that I am. Yes I know how to add blinker fluid and pack muffler bearings. I have began "customizing" my Maverick. Nothing real exciting here, but if you wonder how a couple items might look. Tailgate lettering and Sill Protectors both from Amazon. Before and after pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg
C
Being the highly skilled, mechanical guy that I am. Yes I know how to add blinker fluid and pack muffler bearings. I have began "customizing" my Maverick. Nothing real exciting here, but if you wonder how a couple items might look. Tailgate lettering and Sill Protectors both from Amazon. Before and after pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg
Looks great! Can you post a link to the tailgate lettering?

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

feel much better about it..........and I can blame LM42 and devildawg23 if i muck it up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Got the tailgate cleaned, all confident this was gonna be easy. Opened the package and arranging everything and have the :
M. A. V. E. R. C. K.
🤬
Sponsored