First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have what Sirius now calls the 'Platinum' package on my Focus and received an email a few days after picking up my '23 Lariat Lux congratulating me on my new truck. They appear eager for me to update my account by adding the new truck with this carrot "and you won't lose any of your trial."

After having to go through the 'threaten to cancel' routine every year because they want to charge an outrageous amount to renew, I'm trying to anticipate if Sirius would be more likely to offer a better price if I hold off until close to the end of the free trial to add this vehicle. Also, curious as to the amount of the multi vehicle discount.

Anyone with suggestions who experienced this same situation are appreciated!
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get every free day out of them before you renew. As you get to the end, or even let in expire for a week, they will be open to a better deal. I let mine expire and wound up getting renewed for a lot less to get me back as a customer.

OP
OP
FordDiehard

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get every free day out of them before you renew. As you get to the end, or even let in expire for a week, they will be open to a better deal. I let mine expire and wound up getting renewed for a lot less to get me back as a customer.
Thank You! I have been leaning that way.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had Sirius for 12 years now on my Dodge pickup. Came with a one year free trial back in 2011. Same story every year. Wait until it's about to expire, then you can haggle with them in the price. Keep saying it's too expensive over and over and the price keeps dropping. I get it for $60/year for the same package it initially came with. The last 4 years or so you don't even get a real person. You call and it does an automatic offer for the same price to renew. Hit the number for agree, and you're done for a year. I'll play the same game on my Bronco Sport when the free trial is up.

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wait. I have gotten a “renew for 3 months for $1” towards the end of my ‘20 Escape and the Maverick. Then do the “cancel“ dance after that to get $5 a month. The last time I did the dance, I got it locked in for 2yrs.

OP
OP
FordDiehard

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait. I have gotten a “renew for 3 months for $1” towards the end of my ‘20 Escape and the Maverick. Then do the “cancel“ dance after that to get $5 a month. The last time I did the dance, I got it locked in for 2yrs.
My son does that too!

macaroni_life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I occasionally receive mail offers of 3 years for $99. I jumped on it a few years ago and, after transferring it to a new car last year, it actually renewed again from month 0. I got the offer for another car (a 2007) and tried to get them to apply it to a different car (a 2022) and was told they could only apply it to vehicles 3+ years old. I don't think this is true, because the first car I put it on was a 2019 in 2020. It's also counter to my transfer experience I mentioned.

Try calling and claiming you received the same offer in the mail but lost it and would like to use it. $33/year is the absolute best value I've seen for SiriusXM and probably the only price I'd be willing to pay for it.

My plan to get this plan on coming-soon Maverick is to apply the offer to the 2007 that I'll be ditching and then transferring it to the new vehicle.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We pay for our mustang to have it. I stream from the phone app on Maverick with Android auto.

It's too much more to add another car when they let you stream on phone as a subscriber.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I occasionally receive mail offers of 3 years for $99. I jumped on it a few years ago and, after transferring it to a new car last year, it actually renewed again from month 0. I got the offer for another car (a 2007) and tried to get them to apply it to a different car (a 2022) and was told they could only apply it to vehicles 3+ years old. I don't think this is true, because the first car I put it on was a 2019 in 2020. It's also counter to my transfer experience I mentioned.

Try calling and claiming you received the same offer in the mail but lost it and would like to use it. $33/year is the absolute best value I've seen for SiriusXM and probably the only price I'd be willing to pay for it.

My plan to get this plan on coming-soon Maverick is to apply the offer to the 2007 that I'll be ditching and then transferring it to the new vehicle.

I received one of those $99/3yr offers in the mail a few months ago for my VW which has Satellite radio installed. It was a great deal because it also included the SiriusXM app which I can use in the Maverick, so I’m essentially covering both vehicles with a single plan. I signed up via a web link provided in the mail offer and during the signup process they offered to add another 2 years for an additional $50. I added that option and so I’m now getting 5 years for $149 and it covers both of my vehicles.
Sponsored