First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0L V8 STX / 2015 Explorer XLT 3.5L V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. Very detailed. Thank you. Could the antenna wire be routed under the carpeting and the antenna be put inside the rear window?
I would assume you could lift the doorsill trim along the floor and run the wire to the back.
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would assume you could lift the doorsill trim along the floor and run the wire to the back.
That is how I routed my antenna wire from the back of the cab. Through the 3rd brake light, under the headliner, down inside the "C" pillar trim, under the rear door sill trim, under the "B" pillar trim, under the right front door sill trim, under the "A" pillar trim to the fuse box area. Easy Peezy, andI think it took me about 30 minutes.

Last edited:

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always had xm either factory or with a car kit back in the day.... totally want to have sat xm vs app.

All my audio systems always had aux in so I never need to use FM.

Is there benefits to the fm cable or is doing the same thing as the plug in fm transmitters people used before aux inputs ?

Does the fm cable provide:
1) a direct connection to the ACM,
2) a dedicated station or
3) simply allows a fm broadcast from the commander tuner ?

How is the audio quality using fm ?

OP
OP

peepsnet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0L V8 STX / 2015 Explorer XLT 3.5L V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always had xm either factory or with a car kit back in the day.... totally want to have sat xm vs app.

All my audio systems always had aux in so I never need to use FM.

Is there benefits to the fm cable or is doing the same thing as the plug in fm transmitters people used before aux inputs ?

Does the fm cable provide:
1) a direct connection to the ACM,
2) a dedicated station or
3) simply allows a fm broadcast from the commander tuner ?

How is the audio quality using fm ?
The commander allows you to pick from several fm freqs in the settings. The commander hooks up to the RADIO's FM antenna as a pass-thru.

The quality is just as good as the quality of the XL audio system in the maverick I would guess.

The image below is an example. Note the labels on the device.
Ford Maverick Sirius XM Install in XL Hybrid- Commander Touch - Tool-Less (Almost) 56c341f3-2b49-40a5-afb8-a774158b8f3a

woodly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent how to post. Thanks for the details and pictures. Someone asked about an adapter that used the factory controls. I found this one. It's $360 at Crutchfield. I haven't tried it.

Ford Maverick Sirius XM Install in XL Hybrid- Commander Touch - Tool-Less (Almost) Screenshot_20231117_130759_Chrome

Sponsored

fbny71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Favio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just got myself an Xact XTR3, I'm hoping to forgo the FM connection and instead use an 3.5mm Aux to Bluetooth converter. I will verify it works with the antenna just on the dash and the power from the cigarette lighter plug. If it works well enough, I will explore hard wiring the power and routing the antenna to the roof at the rear. I'll report when I actually get some time to play with this.

fbny71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Favio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One concern is whether I can connect a second bluetooth adapter in addition to the wireless Apple CarPlay adapter already in use...
Sponsored