Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is there a way to use the signal lights as the DRLs in an XL, and not have the actual headlights running all the time?
There must be a way to manipulate this, and I hope the person who knows how sees this thread!
Sponsored

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m currently configured my XL to use the parking lamps (front/rear) as my DRL. The headlamps are disabled as DRL.

Since the truck is configured to go to Auto lamps when started, the parking lights turn on when I go into D, and then the low beam bulbs turn on in low light or if I turn on the windshield wipers.

I have some screen shots of the Forscan settings I had to change to get this mode of operation. Will post in a bit.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way to use the signal lights as the DRLs in an XL, and not have the actual headlights running all the time?
There must be a way to manipulate this, and I hope the person who knows how sees this thread!
I have read in some threads on here of people using forscan to use the front parking lights as DRLs but then the headlights were automatically switched back to the DRLs somehow.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you very much I really appreciate it. I’d very much prefer to just have the signal lights as DRLs, and only have the headlamps on when I turn them on

OP
OP

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes the little orange lights in the center that are on while you’re parked. I’d like those to stay as the only lights on while driving, and the headlamps themselves only come on when I turn them on with the dial

OP
OP

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

you mean like parking lights?
Yes the little orange lights that are on while you’re parked. There must be a way to have just those as your DRLs and not have the headlamps on at all unless they’re turned on specifically.

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm also interested in this topic. Did you add the DRL menu using forscan?. Or did you change "as built" configuration? Or you just change a few "enable, disable" options?.

Thanks for sharing

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For Daylight Running Lamps (DRL), here’s what I ended up configuring my XL inside the BdyCM (Body Control Module). I used the easy mode .

DRL include park lamps = Enable

Dim DRL with Low Beam Outage = Inhibited

Left Front Low Beam Usage = Low Beam Only

Right Front Low Beam Usage = Low Beam Only

Using Low Beam with DRL = Disabled

My observation of the DRL lighting behavior with these settings is as follows:

Upon starting the vehicle, the light switch position defaults to Auto. Moving the transmission selector from Park will cause the tail lights and the front parking lights to illuminate, behaving as DRL. If night time or dim lighting, the low beam lamps will illuminate.

If the low beam lamps are off and the windshield wipers are activated, after a brief delay, the low beam lamps will illuminate.

Been running this way since the first of the year.

Ford Maverick Signal lights as DRLs? B344446C-45A0-451B-B489-C617628E128D

Ford Maverick Signal lights as DRLs? D67CA171-4846-413A-BC27-034792A35242

Ford Maverick Signal lights as DRLs? E24D0839-0C97-4AA1-A84A-30791EB40EDD

Ford Maverick Signal lights as DRLs? 1A351DB7-43FE-4F1F-82B8-BB5564E28DEF

Sponsored

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For Daylight Running Lamps (DRL), here’s what I ended up configuring my XL inside the BdyCM (Body Control Module). I used the easy mode .

Upon starting the vehicle, the light switch position defaults to Auto. Moving the transmission selector from Park will cause the tail lights and the front parking lights to illuminate, behaving as DRL. If night time or dim lighting, the low beam lamps will illuminate.

If the low beam lamps are off and the windshield wipers are activated, after a brief delay, the low beam lamps will illuminate.

B344446C-45A0-451B-B489-C617628E128D.jpeg

D67CA171-4846-413A-BC27-034792A35242.jpeg

E24D0839-0C97-4AA1-A84A-30791EB40EDD.jpeg

1A351DB7-43FE-4F1F-82B8-BB5564E28DEF.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing this config. I want to share with you my experience, what I did last night is enabling "Day Time Running Lights Menu" in IPC module. That´s add an extra menu in the cluster, checking or unchecking the tick-box seems to do nothing, but. Now I can change the status of lights in R / N / D.

So, when you turn on the car, it will start with low beans as DRL with parking lights, but as soon as you change to 0, or parking light it will turned off everything or put parking lights, also if you turn your dial to low beams they will be activated. If you go back to auto position will turn off lights or on according to light (adding parking lights).

If you are moving you can turn off light even when moving, or do the same as you will do on P.

I was a little tired, I think I did not change any other parameter, but somehow this made my day. Anyway, This config still working since 11hours. (lastnight to today morning).

I will try your config. Thanks. have a great day.

Ford Maverick Signal lights as DRLs? index

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for sharing this config. I want to share with you my experience, what I did last night is enabling "Day Time Running Lights Menu" in IPC module. That´s add an extra menu in the cluster, checking or unchecking the tick-box seems to do nothing, but. Now I can change the status of lights in R / N / D.
I'd imagine there may also be a relevant setting in the BCM for allowing the IPC menu to affect DRL function.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes the little orange lights that are on while you’re parked. There must be a way to have just those as your DRLs and not have the headlamps on at all unless they’re turned on specifically.
just turn off DRL and turn the parking lights on?

Of course this may be unlawful in your jurisdiction.

SoonerBrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

B344446C-45A0-451B-B489-C617628E128D.jpeg

D67CA171-4846-413A-BC27-034792A35242.jpeg

E24D0839-0C97-4AA1-A84A-30791EB40EDD.jpeg

1A351DB7-43FE-4F1F-82B8-BB5564E28DEF.jpeg
Does this have any effect on interior illumination?

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I have observed is that when the headlight selector is in Auto, the dashboard lights are illuminated. When you enter a dimly lit section of roadway your low beams will become activated at normal intensity and a green headlight icon on your dash will illuminate. And when the low beam bulbs are extinguished. The green icon turns off.

No other interior bulbs or lights are affected.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored