First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick will be my wife’s daily driver and since she’ pretty petite, she asked me about side steps and if I thought they were needed. She had a very nice SportTrac back in the day and loved it. It came with side steps so the reason for the question. From what I’ve seen so far, it looks like the 2WD is low enough that it may not require side steps. Please don’t flame me, its an honest question from my wife. Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pirategrad

Pirategrad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick will be my wife’s daily driver and since she’ pretty petite, she asked me about side steps and if I thought they were needed. She had a very nice SportTrac back in the day and loved it. It came with side steps so the reason for the question. From what I’ve seen so far, it looks like the 2WD is low enough that it may not require side steps. Please don’t flame me, its an honest question from my wife. Thoughts?
I did some checking. Ground clearance for the Maverick vs. SportTrac = 8.3” vs. 6.7”. So it seems like its a bit higher step in height.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did some checking. Ground clearance for the Maverick vs. SportTrac = 8.3” vs. 6.7”. So it seems like its a bit higher step in height.
Explorer also had to accommodate a few inches of frame rail+body mount underneath so the floor by necessity had to be higher.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I know my Subaru XV Crosstrek and Forester is 8.7" and is a car. I don't know where I could have put them on a Subaru. My wife is 5'3" and could get in the Subaru easy peezy. So I guess it depends on how tall she is or how long her legs are. But that's an idea. Go look at any Subaru as they are all pretty much have the 8.7" clearance.

If you find she'll need them, they may not be available. Measure the length and buy something that will fit the length and take them to a welder to install. They'll figure it out for you. I had a Dodge Dakota and the step was too high for my wife. The welder lowered them 2" and my wife could get in the truck. Just a thought.

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
my mother is about 5' 2'" and 87 years old and has no problem getting in , i think it is lower than her 2012 ,old body style escape
Sponsored