First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like being able to use Android Auto in my Maverick. I find I can use voice commands to send text messages to people in my contacts list. Cool, but when I want to check for any incoming texts the system always says there are no new messages. (Even though I know there are.). Any thoughts on how to fix this? Are you able to hear incoming texts in your Maverick?
Sponsored

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I haven't had any issues sending or receiving texts with Android Auto. I think there maybe a setting on your phone that needs to be changed. Have you tried unpairing and repairing?

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I haven't had any issues sending or receiving texts with Android Auto. I think there maybe a setting on your phone that needs to be changed. Have you tried unpairing and repairing?

Android Auto is not bluetooth and does not require "pairing" but requires connection to one of the USB ports via USB cable unless you are using one of the wireless android auto adapters. Maybe you meant disconnect and reconnect the USB cable. I have both received and sent text messages using the infotainment bluetooth connection with no problem.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Android Auto is not bluetooth and does not require "pairing" but requires connection to one of the USB ports via USB cable unless you are using one of the wireless android auto adapters. Maybe you meant disconnect and reconnect the USB cable. I have both received and sent text messages using the infotainment bluetooth connection with no problem.
My mistake, forgot it's a plug in I seldom use it. Maybe try un installing and reinstalling the app? Or is it possible to uninstall the last update on Android Auto to see if it's a bug in the last update?

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still trying to see if I can get this to work. My LG-V30 Android Phone is connected via a USB cable to the Maverick. Everything works well. I am able to press the button on the left of the steering wheel and then issue voice commands to Android Auto, (the same as I would saying "Hey Google" to my phone and then asking my question. ) I can send a text message with the voice command, "Send a Text message to Bob Smith", (or whoever the recipient is in my Contacts List). It will ask me what the message is. I might say something like, "Bob, I'm running late and should be there in 15 minutes." Google will then repeat the message back to me and ask if I want to send it. If I say "Yes," off it goes. Very slick.

But..... When I ask Android Auto / Google - "Do I have any Messages?" it will always reply, "You have no new messages," even when I know I do. So.... is this something I don't have set right? Are some of you able to ask "Read my Messages," and have Android Auto / Google read them back to you?

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use AA just fine without being connected via a cord. As to the op which AA are you using?

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use AA just fine without being connected via a cord. As to the op which AA are you using?
Looks to be Version 8.5.624594-release. My LG-V30 Android phone is running Android version 9 however and cannot be upgraded above that. Might it be that this older version of Android doesn't support this?

Last edited:

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using the Moto MA1 adapter or similar wireless adapter?

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Using the Moto MA1 adapter or similar wireless adapter?
No adapter. It works for some and we do not know why.

OP it's possible it's not supported.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No adapter. It works for some and we do not know why.

OP it's possible it's not supported.
The Maverick doesn't have built in wireless Android Auto on any trim.

So I'm not sure if you're talking about using Android Auto on your phone screen, or Bluetooth music/a few apps like Pandora to the stereo? Definitely not Google Maps without a cable or adapter.

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That reply was to the other user claiming to use Android Auto without a cable OR wireless adapter.
Youd be wrong. Id prove it to you but my Mav is in the body shop after having been rear ended.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Youd be wrong. Id prove it to you but my Mav is in the body shop after having been rear ended.
I'd love to see proof of the unicorn Maverick with a different radio capability than any other!

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd love to see proof of the unicorn Maverick with a different radio capability than any other!
There's a thread about it on here already. No unicorns here.
Sponsored