slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've just finished reading a couple two or three reviews, from the owners, about the 2022 Maverick. Geez , one guy was having problems with his batteries, took it in the the Fore shop and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and had it for 31 days and they had somebody from Ford come and take a look at it. Another one I read was about the catalytic converter even posted a short video of it and it was glowing red hot. I hope to heck they had it figured out by the time they made mine. I'll see in a couple weeks..............
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No problem here. Best money I’ve spent in a long, long time!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those problems unfortunately are with the hybrid. There appears to be an issue with the warm up cycle - the truck will rev up and down - I guess dumping gas into the Cat causing it to heat up and burn off the extra fuel. So thus the glowing red and burning smell. The issue with the battery draining down was the owner's fault he pinched a wire... it was causing a small short. I think if you find his thread he explains it. So - the warm up issue is the only thing out there right now.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've just finished reading a couple two or three reviews, from the owners, about the 2022 Maverick. Geez , one guy was having problems with his batteries, took it in the the Fore shop and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and had it for 31 days and they had somebody from Ford come and take a look at it. Another one I read was about the catalytic converter even posted a short video of it and it was glowing red hot. I hope to heck they had it figured out by the time they made mine. I'll see in a couple weeks..............
or one can own the Santa Cruz and be dead on the road on the way home after buying it.

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid, 3000 miles so far. Pre started it with the app everyday through this very cold winter. NO PROBLEMS at all. Truck has been perfect. By far best money spent in quite some time.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those problems unfortunately are with the hybrid. There appears to be an issue with the warm up cycle - the truck will rev up and down - I guess dumping gas into the Cat causing it to heat up and burn off the extra fuel. So thus the glowing red and burning smell. The issue with the battery draining down was the owner's fault he pinched a wire... it was causing a small short. I think if you find his thread he explains it. So - the warm up issue is the only thing out there right now.

And in another thread it was announced that Ford plans to issue an update to the vehicles which addresses the catalytic converter issue sometime late this month.

EugDom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Old news sloose42. These subjects have been gone over at nauseum for several months now and there really only is 1 real issue and that's the cat. And even that is only few and far between. A little research goes along way before hitting the panic button.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Old news sloose42. These subjects have been gone over at nauseum for several months now and there really only is 1 real issue and that's the cat. And even that is only few and far between. A little research goes along way before hitting the panic button.
Did somebody say panic? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😓😱😱😱😱😱😥😱😱😱😱😥😱😱😱😭😭

Sponsored

Reconditioner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good post. I usually stop following threads because they get trolled to death, or the geniuses have to expound at great length about the size of an atom.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh FFS...not this sh*t AGAIN🤦

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every car, electronic item, refrigerator, stove, motorcycle etc will have some type of problem. Hopefully the manufacture will find a fix. Problems do happen. I’ll bet the 400k Rolls Royce that the rich and famous buy, will have some type of problem..

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every car, electronic item, refrigerator, stove, motorcycle etc will have some type of problem. Hopefully the manufacture will find a fix. Problems do happen. I’ll bet the 400k Rolls Royce that the rich and famous buy, will have some type of problem..
Back when I was growing up, my mother loved Jaguars. But she said we couldn't afford to drive one around because we didn't have enough money to purchase two. She said we'd have one we'd be driving while the other one was in the shop.

This was before they had dealer loaners =)
Sponsored