SC buyers add Lugoff Ford to the list of scalpers

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Last year when I tried to order too late they said no dealer markup above MSRP.

This year they've changed to add $4000 to the price of MSRP, so no longer a good place to buy from, they've joined the scalping game. They say it's because of "Ford's new sales model"... 🤣
Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last year when I tried to order too late they said no dealer markup above MSRP.

This year they've changed to add $4000 to the price of MSRP, so no longer a good place to buy from, they've joined the scalping game. They say it's because of "Ford's new sales model"... 🤣
Looks like Ford is trying to do something about that (at least with its electric vehicles).

https://techcrunch.com/2022/09/14/ford-gives-dealers-an-ultimatum-on-ev-sales/

Basically, Big Jim said that there are going to be new rules if you want to sell Ford electric vehicles, one of those being "E-commerce will be available with 'transparent, non-negotiable pricing for EVs.'" So if you want to sell EVs, there will be no "market adjustments".

Not saying it will get rid of the gougers, but it may thin the herd significantly.

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spoke with Benson ford in Easley about an hour ago. No markup, msrp. Ask for Harry fisher

OP
OP

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Spoke with Benson ford in Easley about an hour ago. No markup, msrp. Ask for Harry fisher

Thanks. Easley is a little bit of a drive, but worth it to avoid markup and can visit the family on the way into the upstate. Might see if anywhere local has it with no makeup or forced extras.

Jim Hudson and Lugoff ruled out already.

Sponsored

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Easley is a little bit of a drive, but worth it to avoid markup and can visit the family on the way into the upstate. Might see if anywhere local has it with no makeup or forced extras.

Jim Hudson and Lugoff ruled out already.
I’m just outside of Charleston so I feel you there. Lol

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Placed order with Jim Hudson This morning, MSRP and 500 doc fee, no add ons. Worked with Craig Ellis. Lariat hybrid , 360, and hitch.

OP
OP

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Placed order with Jim Hudson This morning, MSRP and 500 doc fee, no add ons. Worked with Craig Ellis. Lariat hybrid , 360, and hitch.

That's good to know, but proceed with caution. I was reading somewhere on here that other people said that Jim Hudson adds services that you can't get out of...

Things like window tinting and starching the seats and force you to pay crazy inflated rates. I'll see if I can find the thread, if they've really changed and not doing that anymore then that makes them a good local option.

Edit:
Ok here is one from August (last post)
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-area-dealers-for-2023-maverick-orders.18799/

Sounds like they did back down when this guy told them he didn't want that extra stuff.

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought a Toyota one time from Lugoff, bad experience, bad dealer...................................

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good to know, but proceed with caution. I was reading somewhere on here that other people said that Jim Hudson adds services that you can't get out of...

Things like window tinting and starching the seats and force you to pay crazy inflated rates. I'll see if I can find the thread, if they've really changed and not doing that anymore then that makes them a good local option.

Edit:
Ok here is one from August (last post)
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-area-dealers-for-2023-maverick-orders.18799/

Sounds like they did back down when this guy told them he didn't want that extra stuff.
Tried initially , had emailed sales manager prior and he agreed to my criteria. Have my buyers order signed by management, binding contract. Happy with my deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Tried initially , had emailed sales manager prior and he agreed to my criteria. Have my buyers order signed by management, binding contract. Happy with my deal.

Good to know. Also tried getting a quote for a Corolla, order, from Midlands Toyota (who I believe are owned by same people) only by email. They tried adding the same package. When I asked if I could get a quote without the package they said no, has to come with all new cars. I didn't push hard since I'm still planning on a Maverick, but I bet if Jim Hudson backs down on it, Midlands Toyota will too. if I end up not being able to get my Maverick and switch to Toyota.... I might try harder getting them to back down on requiring that package.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I wonder how ford credit is handling these markups ? In are area people were offering why over asking for home's. The Banks have now stepped up and say no financing over the asking less down payment . Would Ford Credit give loans for over the MSRP price of a vehicle ?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I wonder how ford credit is handling these markups ? In are area people were offering why over asking for home's. The Banks have now stepped up and say no financing over the asking less down payment . Would Ford Credit give loans for over the MSRP price of a vehicle ?
Ford was making loans for MSRP +10% on some lines last year, I believe. I bought my Hybrid FE lariat loaded last March for 2.1% APR 60 months for 100% all in cost (0 down + all fees + tags++++) from a bank. When my second maverick comes in if I get 0% 36 months loan, I will finance all I qualify for.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not unusual for captive finance arms and even standard banks and credit unions to be willing to finance 120-150% of MSRP, depending on your credit. That is not to say you should do that, but they will do it.

Mortgages do not work this way and cannot be compared to car loans.
Sponsored