Saw AutoNation Frisco with lariat

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
Disappointed. I thought you were announcing a new movie in the Saw series: a crossover with chainsaw massacre.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are total con artists I tried to place my order there as soon as they told me the 1500 dealer fees I walked out, I’m so happy with 5star Ford they have being great to work with.

OP
OP

tamu2010

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra 2010
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are total con artists I tried to place my order there as soon as they told me the 1500 dealer fees I walked out, I’m so happy with 5star Ford they have being great to work with.
Yah, I agree. One sales rep said they have $1,500 I'm dealer fees and I mentioned other locations did not add additional fees. He stated I should go there then... So I took his advice.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Wow! That build is loaded!!

Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm tempted to try and test drive it tonight... what are the chances it will still be there (but with a $5k mark-up, maybe)?

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm tempted to try and test drive it tonight... what are the chances it will still be there (but with a $5k mark-up, maybe)?
I'ma drive right down the frontage road and drive and buy it before you can! I am closer!

j/k

Mine is still in line to be built and saw enough at the State Fair to be glad to wait. And that mark-up is ridiculous.....

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'ma drive right down the frontage road and drive and buy it before you can! I am closer!

j/k

Mine is still in line to be built and saw enough at the State Fair to be glad to wait. And that mark-up is ridiculous.....
I have no interest in the Lariat trim and am happy waiting for my hybrid, but it is tempting to just get a taste of the drive feel. I have no problem "wasting" the dealers time since they have chosen to play the ridiculous markup game.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screenshot_20211021-145526.png

AutoNation Frisco has the Lariat I guess some decided they didnt want it?

Asking 5K over MSRP plus $1,500 in dealer fees
Can you also post a picture showing the $5K markup and what is included in the $1500 dealer add-ons.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my dealership but because my wife works for AutoNation we got the A-Plan which is at invoice price, no dealer add-ons and $150 doc fee.

Last week I went in as I have a build date of 11/15 and an assigned VIN and had my signed DORA turned into a "Signed Buyer's Order" (signed by me and sales manager) with total of all costs listed.

My salesman is in another building from the regular sales force and his title is "Fleet Consultant". Working with him has been a breeze. Very professional and has kept us informed along the way.

When there I asked him about the number of Maverick orders, allocations and scheduled builds. I was told that three customer orders were being delivered and that no stock orders for the dealership were ever placed.

So one of two things happened on this Customer's Lariat for it to be on the lot for sale.

1. As you mentioned maybe the customer backed out and the dealership can now do their ADM and Add-ons which is okay by me.

or

2. Dealer tried to push the ADM and Add-ons to the customer (because of no signed Buyer's Order) and buyer only had signed DORA. Which if this happened the customer said hell no and walked.

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP

tamu2010

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra 2010
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my dealership but because my wife works for AutoNation we got the A-Plan which is at invoice price, no dealer add-ons and $150 doc fee.

Last week I went in as I have a build date of 11/15 and an assigned VIN and had my signed DORA turned into a "Signed Buyer's Order" (signed by me and sales manager) with total of all costs listed.

My salesman is in another building from the regular sales force and his title is "Fleet Consultant". Working with him has been a breeze. Very professional and has kept us informed along the way.

When there I asked him about the number of Maverick orders, allocations and scheduled builds. I was told that three customer orders were being delivered and that no stock orders for the dealership were ever placed.

So one of two things happened on this Customer's Lariat for it to be on the lot for sale.

1. As you mentioned maybe the customer backed out and the dealership can now do their ADM and Add-ons which is okay by me.

or

2. Dealer tried to push the ADM and Add-ons to the customer (because of no signed Buyer's Order) and buyer only had signed DORA. Which if this happened the customer said hell no and walked.
So do you recommend that I get a signed buyers order? Is that common. I haven't placed a pre-order previously so excuse my questions. I had done it remotely this past week and I plan to go into the dealership monday. I wanted to determine how to get the price point they stated verbally and they showed me because they do not have any dealer markups and it's just MSRP which I am happy with since there's not additional fees beyond the usual. What should I request or have documented? Thanks for the details you provided.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no interest in the Lariat trim and am happy waiting for my hybrid, but it is tempting to just get a taste of the drive feel. I have no problem "wasting" the dealers time since they have chosen to play the ridiculous markup game.
Walk-in all, "look, fair is fair, and I don't have a big problem with your markup, provided you can cut me a good deal on financing, extended warranty, and a protection package", and the salesman may have to hold a binder in front of him at waist level.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So do you recommend that I get a signed buyers order? Is that common. I haven't placed a pre-order previously so excuse my questions. I had done it remotely this past week and I plan to go into the dealership monday. I wanted to determine how to get the price point they stated verbally and they showed me because they do not have any dealer markups and it's just MSRP which I am happy with since there's not additional fees beyond the usual. What should I request or have documented? Thanks for the details you provided.
A signed "Buyer's Order" is a contract between you and the dealer that is signed by you and the General/Sales Manager. It will show all costs and fees with a final OTD price shown. By signing it you and the dealership are committed to the agreed upon price.

Some dealerships have been marking up customer orders like ours when deliveries happen by $5000-$9000. They can do this because a signed DORA with only your signature is not a contract. So to protect yourself get a Signed Buyer's Order.

I always wanted my Maverick but like others here I didn't know that a signed DORA wasn't enough. So when the stories came out with dealership's doing ADM markups on customer orders I became aware about getting the protection of a Signed Buyer's Order.

OP
OP

tamu2010

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra 2010
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A signed "Buyer's Order" is a contract between you and the dealer that is signed by you and the General/Sales Manager. It will show all costs and fees with a final OTD price shown. By signing it you and the dealership are committed to the agreed upon price.

Some dealerships have been marking up customer orders like ours when deliveries happen by $5000-$9000. They can do this because a signed DORA with only your signature is not a contract. So to protect yourself get a Signed Buyer's Order.

I always wanted my Maverick but like others here I didn't know that a signed DORA wasn't enough. So when the stories came out with dealership's doing ADM markups on customer orders I became aware about getting the protection of a Signed Buyer's Order.
Thanks for your feedback because I went to my dealership and received a buyer's order agreement as well and they knew what I was expecting from them. Other dealers would not provide that or even give an estimate stating "We just don't know the price until it arrives, but you can order through us"
Sponsored