2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered in February. It arrived yesterday! Couldn't be happier. Install took longer than I expected it to. Diamondback said it was 45 minutes. It took me ~2 hours. It did come with a weather strip for the bulkhead that I haven't put on yet. It makes my new Tremor look BA!!

Ford Maverick Rugged Black Diamondback HD Installed 20240321_185712

Ford Maverick Rugged Black Diamondback HD Installed 20240322_092629

Ford Maverick Rugged Black Diamondback HD Installed 20240321_175213
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Ordered in February. It arrived yesterday! Couldn't be happier. Install took longer than I expected it to. Diamondback said it was 45 minutes. It took me ~2 hours. It did come with a weather strip for the bulkhead that I haven't put on yet. It makes my new Tremor look BA!!
20240321_185712.jpg
20240322_092629.jpg
20240321_175213.jpg
Looks great!!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very nice. Is the front closed in the pic or does it just sit up a touch like that. If it does, maybe look at adding the same thickness weatherstrip around the whole thing? I bet you can get that install time down to 45 min with practice.

OP
OP
TJ2023

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very nice. Is the front closed in the pic or does it just sit up a touch like that. If it does, maybe look at adding the same thickness weatherstrip around the whole thing? I bet you can get that install time down to 45 min with practice.
It came with weatherstrip for the front part. I just haven't put that on yet because it's too cold. The instructions say it should be 50° or warmer. Hopefully next week it will be warm enough. I have also read that you should have someone sit on it to press it down and then adjust the locks. That will make it lay flat. Where the plastic bed rails meat there is a small gap that people say will leak. I had the ford hard trifold on my other Maverick and it didn't leak there. I'm trying to figure out solutions if that does because an issue.

Sponsored

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow. That thing looks like it should have a turret on it with a 25mm autocannon at the minimum. Awesome.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It came with weatherstrip for the front part. I just haven't put that on yet because it's too cold. The instructions say it should be 50° or warmer. Hopefully next week it will be warm enough. I have also read that you should have someone sit on it to press it down and then adjust the locks. That will make it lay flat. Where the plastic bed rails meat there is a small gap that people say will leak. I had the ford hard trifold on my other Maverick and it didn't leak there. I'm trying to figure out solutions if that does because an issue.
Right on, yeah small leaks aren't great but they could be worse lol. I topper leaks at the car wash but that's about it. Looks good though. If it was quickly removable like the old sport trac style it would be perfect!

CAMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cover looks great!

Would you be able to provide the dimensions of the opening when the rear lid is open?

I have a soft spot for the OEM bed extender, but it doesn’t look like it will have enough room to rotate up and back with the Diamondback HD or SE cover style. Thanks!

OP
OP
TJ2023

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cover looks great!

Would you be able to provide the dimensions of the opening when the rear lid is open?

I have a soft spot for the OEM bed extender, but it doesn’t look like it will have enough room to rotate up and back with the Diamondback HD or SE cover style. Thanks!
I have the bed extender. I swapped over the brackets when I got my new maverick, but I haven't actually put it in yet. When I get home I will try to put it in and see if it will rotate in and out.

OP
OP
TJ2023

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cover looks great!

Ford Maverick Rugged Black Diamondback HD Installed 20240328_201307
Ford Maverick Rugged Black Diamondback HD Installed 20240328_201544

You cannot rotate it back.

Sponsored

CAMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the update, it’s always good to get first hand accounts of how things fit.

I guess I can always carry the bed extender loose (not mounted in the brackets) under the cover.

It’s funny, I think I’ve spent more time researching tonneau covers than I did my truck options.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is an impressive looking cover. It looks like you could even stand on it, the cover is so strong.

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will hold up to 1600 LBS, but I think the Maverick can only hold 1500 LBS lol.
The Maverick can hold 1500 lbs less the weight of the driver and the tonneau. 😀

Deva

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nice!
I was looking at that the other day. looks great but a bit spendy for me right now.

has it leaked for you?
Sponsored