Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

New Sport Style Fender Flares from Rough Country installed. I opted for shadow black but plan to eventually color match in Atlas Blue. Overall fitment is good, coverage is right around 1”.
Fender Flares | Sport | Ford Maverick (2022-2024)

I did not mess around with the included rubber edge trim. Instead, I used Xpel film around the perimeter where the flares meet the painted surfaces.
XPEL Door Edge Guard Protection Film Roll, 1/2" x 100'

The hardware that is included is junk (IMO) and will rust, so I replaced with these bolts and u-nuts. This hardware is more secure than the included screws and will make future removal/reinstallation of the flares much easier.
58459 M6 Metric Extruded U-Nut, 20-Pack,Gray
M6-1.0 x 25mm Flanged Button Head Socket Cap Screw Bolts

My Maverick is lowered on H&R Super Sport springs, I made rear lift spacers that put about 1/2” of rake back in. Current wheel and tire setup is 20x8.5 +38 offset wheels with 255/50R20 tires. I installed 1.25” rear wheel spacers from Custom Wheel Adapters. I plan to install 5mm front spacers but waiting on ET lugs to arrive. I don’t like running the shim style spacers without extended thread lug nuts, just my preference.

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8493

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8517

Xpel film applied. Doesn’t need to be pretty, just needs to protect

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8482

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8481

Driver side with 1.25” spacer installed, passenger side shown without wheel spacer for reference.

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8483

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8484

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8490
Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8489

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8487
Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8488

More pictures

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8502

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8511

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8520

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8500

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8501

Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions IMG-8518

Also, the painted flares come with a protective film installed to prevent scratches during shipping. The instructions say to remove this film first, but I left it on until I had the flares fully installed. This kept me from scratching and marring the finish on the flares during install.
Sponsored

Sticks

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every iteration of your truck is very tasteful. Disappointed I didn't get to chat with you at the DD Open House.

So there's no adhesive between the flares and the body? This could be a winner if they would match the OE surface texture on the unpainted version.

OP
OP
Justin.23

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those actually look really good. What made you not go with the supplied rubber trim?

If you do not mind my asking, where did you get your hood vents? Thanks.
I tried installing the rubber edge trim on the first flare but it just wasn't working out. I partially blame the fact that the edge trim arrived all balled up and extremely twisted. This resulted in a good deal of the liner being wrinkled and separated from the adhesive. So the adhesive would stick the flare prior to being fully seated and then it would separate from the rubber 🤦‍♂️ I've previously installed Bushwackers which use a very similar (if not identical) rubber trim and don't recall it giving me such a fit.

Hood vents are from a Ram Sport hood.
Every iteration of your truck is very tasteful. Disappointed I didn't get to chat with you at the DD Open House.

So there's no adhesive between the flares and the body? This could be a winner if they would match the OE surface texture on the unpainted version.
Thanks! Correct, no adhesive between the flares and body. The edge of the flares just rests on the Xpel that I installed. Normal installation would have the edge trim between the flares and fenders. Once I've for sure finalized my install (color matching lower trim and fender flares), I'll do black silicone between the flares and body. Basically following this how-to:
How to Silicone Trim Fender Flares | YouTube

Unfortunately, none of the currently available fender flares will truly match the OEM surface texture. The Mabetts are by far the closest in terms of finish as they're the only textured flares that I'm aware of, but there's still a slight variance in the texture. These Rough Country Flares unpainted have a smooth finish just like Bushwacker and EGR; they're all one in the same as far as how they're made and surface finish. From afar they will be a close match but there's no texture in any of the the unpainted, flat black flares

Not my photo but somewhat captures the finish difference; the difference is more apparent in person.
Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions 1716481106321-hw

Sponsored

Buttonhook

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tremor lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the rubber trim with mine. It was a pain to get installed on the fender flares first (take your time and untangle it). I found that installing it on the flare the day before and allowing it to normalize before installing was key to get it to fit properly. Also with the rubber trim installed you will have to push the flares against the fenders (with some force) to get the holes to line up. Two people during the install would make it much easier. I also put the 3m door edge guard film under the rubber trim on the fender as insurance. I have 1.25" spacers on the way but they are not installed as of yet.
Ford Maverick Rough Country Sport Style Fender Flares + 1.25” Wheel Spacers + 20" Wheels -- installed photos & impressions 20240518_154745

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This could be a winner if they would match the OE surface texture on the unpainted version.
Agreed. I like these and would consider them if the unpainted mached a little better in texture / color to the oem plastic surfaces of the bumpers and rocker panels.

However, I do have those shiny bits on the mirrors and grill due to Black Appearance Package, so that gloss black painted versions wouldn't look too out of place... But i can see buying painted parts that are supposed to server as additional damage protection...

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like the looks of these, especially painted. But you clearly need wheel spacers or different offset wheels to make the look really work. I don't think they really would look right on a stock truck.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This Maverick has gone through more transitions than a Gen Z teen.

Liking the new ST look it has. Great solution for paint protection on the fender flares too.

What caused the change from the lift and bigger tires?

Mdmac

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great, can you please give a little info about the small lights you added into the rear bumper? Where did you get them and what are they wired into to? I like the look of them and your truck looks really good 👍

Sponsored

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

New Sport Style Fender Flares from Rough Country installed. I opted for shadow black but plan to eventually color match in Atlas Blue. Overall fitment is good, coverage is right around 1”.

I did not mess around with the included rubber edge trim. Instead, I used Xpel film around the perimeter where the flares meet the painted surfaces.

The hardware that is included is junk (IMO) and will rust, so I replaced with these bolts and u-nuts. This hardware is more secure than the included screws and will make future removal/reinstallation of the flares much easier.

My Maverick is lowered on H&R Super Sport springs, I made rear lift spacers that put about 1/2” of rake back in. Current wheel and tire setup is 20x8.5 +38 offset wheels with 255/50R20 tires. I installed 1.25” rear wheel spacers from Custom Wheel Adapters. I plan to install 5mm front spacers but waiting on ET lugs to arrive. I don’t like running the shim style spacers without extended thread lug nuts, just my preference.

IMG-8493.jpg

IMG-8517.jpg

IMG-8482.jpg

IMG-8481.jpg

Driver side with 1.25” spacer installed, passenger side shown without wheel spacer for reference.

IMG-8483.jpg

IMG-8484.jpg

IMG-8490.jpg
IMG-8489.jpg

IMG-8487.jpg
IMG-8488.jpg

More pictures

IMG-8502.jpg

IMG-8511.jpg

IMG-8520.jpg

IMG-8500.jpg

IMG-8501.jpg

IMG-8518.jpg

Also, the painted flares come with a protective film installed to prevent scratches during shipping. The instructions say to remove this film first, but I left it on until I had the flares fully installed. This kept me from scratching and marring the finish on the flares during install.
Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸
JJC-LLC.COM doin' big things

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Looks great, can you please give a little info about the small lights you added into the rear bumper? Where did you get them and what are they wired into to? I like the look of them and your truck looks really good 👍
Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸
JJC-LLC.COM.com
He has a whole line

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I installed the rubber trim with mine. It was a pain to get installed on the fender flares first (take your time and untangle it). I found that installing it on the flare the day before and allowing it to normalize before installing was key to get it to fit properly. Also with the rubber trim installed you will have to push the flares against the fenders (with some force) to get the holes to line up. Two people during the install would make it much easier. I also put the 3m door edge guard film under the rubber trim on the fender as insurance. I have 1.25" spacers on the way but they are not installed as of yet.
20240518_154745.jpg
Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

IMG-8493.jpg

IMG-8517.jpg

IMG-8482.jpg

IMG-8481.jpg

IMG-8483.jpg

IMG-8484.jpg

IMG-8490.jpg
IMG-8489.jpg

IMG-8487.jpg
IMG-8488.jpg

More pictures

IMG-8502.jpg

IMG-8511.jpg

IMG-8520.jpg

IMG-8500.jpg

IMG-8501.jpg

IMG-8518.jpg

Darn good looking 👌🏽

Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the looks of these, especially painted. But you clearly need wheel spacers or different offset wheels to make the look really work. I don't think they really would look right on a stock truck.
The blue truck?? It looks perfectly offset, at least for me I find wheels sticking out any further look cheap personally.
Sponsored