F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just when I thought I decided to not get the Roll n Lock I see it and it makes me want it again

Flyboy727

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, it looks like a much smaller package than the retrax that I installed on my maverick.
I wonder if the owner has any leak issues.
I have a tiny bit of leaking from the drain hoses in the box (probably just a little adjustment needed).
And I have found that the tailgate sides are extremely leaky.
For anyone looking for a dry bed I highly suggest getting a seal around those areas. Water coming in from the top needs to be directed backwards and water coming in from the sides can be sealed out using a rubber gasket.
is the retrax box much lager ?

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
as you can see there is roughly 10.5 inches of space under the retrax box, and the box takes up almost 14 inches from the front of the bed to the edge of the box, this is a significant amount of space, but depending on what you are storing some tool boxes/bags such as the makita bag in my picture will fit under it.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In this photo you can see the drain hole that is being used by the other roller cover, I think this is a good illustration of how much larger the retrax box is.
Ford Maverick Roll N Lock retractable bed cover installed PXL_20220108_231440286

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anybody have any experience with the Soft folding types? The cheapos? I don't carry expensive stuff and don't like the idea of losing any more bed size or having it block my window if I have it folded.
GO get a Gator soft foldable for about $270, you will laugh all the way to the bank, and it will be one of the best purchase you ever made. I promise you wont regret it.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GO get a Gator soft foldable for about $270, you will laugh all the way to the bank, and it will be one of the best purchase you ever made. I promise you wont regret it.
Except it will be a soft cover. Not as secure, can't put things on top. Sure, soft covers might work for some but not for many of us.

Ratbones2002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm installing my roll n lock bed cover tomorrow on my Hybrid Lariat Mav!

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had the cheap MaxMate tonneau covers from Amazon on two trucks now and they get the job done for less than $200. They stretch a fair amount in the first few weeks and you have to adjust the tension, but those soft roll up tops are super simple. Good bang for the buck.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had the cheap MaxMate tonneau covers from Amazon on two trucks now and they get the job done for less than $200. They stretch a fair amount in the first few weeks and you have to adjust the tension, but those soft roll up tops are super simple. Good bang for the buck.
A blue plastic tarp and a couple of bungee cords would work and be cheaper still, 😃 but I want something more secure and elegant and expect to pay more for it.

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Yes, a bit pricey, but there is more assurance against random improvisational theft of bed contents with a metal cover.

I too am considering one, eventually. This model appears to take up far less space in the bed take up box compared to other manufacturers.
Ah a fellow Kerbal

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A blue plastic tarp and a couple of bungee cords would work and be cheaper still, 😃 but I want something more secure and elegant and expect to pay more for it.
Ford Maverick Roll N Lock retractable bed cover installed 1641813793491

Maybe look into 3d printing a little holder for your Grey Poupon as well. :)
All kidding aside, the roll n lock looks top notch. Anyone with a maxmate cover, myself included, can acknowledge they are the spiritual ancestor of a tarp and bungee cords :p

Last edited:

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Except it will be a soft cover. Not as secure, can't put things on top. Sure, soft covers might work for some but not for many of us.
It will be just as secure, a serrated pocket knife will go through the hard ones just as easily trust me (most are just foam inside of thin plastic veneer, some have thin aluminum) ;) Trust me neither will stop a thief. Also soft improves MPG a bit compared to a hard since it flexes a bit and is much lighter weight. I've always been able to put things on top of it as well, like a beer, no problem. As long as I dont throw it on it , it will balance.
Sponsored

Last edited: