Urban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Should be picking up my 2024 EB the week of March 13. I have a business trip planned on April 18 from Southern Ohio to DC. I planned on driving my new Maverick. I thought this would be good to 'break it in'. Is this a bad idea or good idea?
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The answer to that, it depends. I would think if you vary the speed it would help with break in. If you set the cruise and did not vary it, that would not be good for breaking the engine in.

So it's hard to answer that question because no one knows how you drive. Also constant lead footing to reach highway speeds need to be refrained, not saying once in a while you shouldn't just not at every opportunity.

Maybe others will chime in. I'm from old school and possibly these newer engines are completely different today.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should be picking up my 2024 EB the week of March 13. I have a business trip planned on April 18 from Southern Ohio to DC. I planned on driving my new Maverick. I thought this would be good to 'break it in'. Is this a bad idea or good idea?
If you can get about 1,000 miles on it at varied speeds & modest driving first. Best getting it broken in like many days.
Sponsored