Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid an installer $100 to have a 2-channel dash cam installed. Purchased an external battery pack to put under the seat to run parking mode 24/7. Very happy with it so far. Video quality is outstanding. The bed does obstruct the rear camera but you can still see the car behind you and around you.

Ford Maverick Viofo A139 pro dash cam installed IMG_3523
Ford Maverick Viofo A139 pro dash cam installed IMG_3524
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I have the same one on a battery pack I got from BlackBoxMyCar.com. They didn't have the 4k version when I got mine or I would have gotten it. I also run all 3 channels. I've had an issue previously with a hit and run in a parking lot and the rear camera barely captured anything, so I added the interior camera to see through the windows a little better just in case.

Mine also enabled HDR after a firmware update. Honestly though, can't tell the difference in quality when I watched the playback. That could also be due to window tint and the CPL filter.

If you wanted to, it's very easy to center the camera under the rear view mirror too, that way you can see the LED's to double check there are no issues before you drive. Sometimes, it does seem to have a mind of it's own, but it's rare. They also make a wireless button you can locate anywhere to force a protected save on a current video. It can be safer than trying to reach up there and find the correct button to press.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ponchsox

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did get the button to put close to the steering wheel. Which parking mode are you using?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did get the button to put close to the steering wheel. Which parking mode are you using?
Low bit rate so it's on all the time. All the other sensors are on low or off since it's recording full time when I need it. If I am home though, I usually just turn the camera off to save the battery, but I live rural. I keep it on a 30 minute shutoff but if I know I'll be longer I adjust as needed on the app. It's rare I need the battery pack these days, but I like having it. Can't tell you how many times I've seen people (like the window tinters) realize they are being recorded and keep eyes front all the sudden lol.

I found the sensors on the motion detection mode to be too problematic. In parking lots, they would catch someone walking on the opposite side and it was just turning on constantly at home too with trees blowing in the wind etc etc.
Sponsored