First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the likelihood of being able to retrofit a future infotainment system into the 22/23 Maverick? It's already very much outdated and I tend to keep my vehicles for 10-15 years or more.
Sponsored

Trevih

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
High. 3d printing should make it easy to fit a different cubby in there to hold a 3rd party screen maybe android tablet.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
Pretty high for future versions of factory infotainmen. Sometimes it’s just a new APIM and some configuration reprogramming. More commonly, APIM and screen. Etc. If there ends up large numbers of these, I’m sure there will be those chinese android based full system replacements around.

As far as being outdated already…I don’t think that is the case, at least with the base connect version. It’s simplicity is what will make it last, so long as nothing major changes that precludes AA/CarPlay connectivity for awhile. That said, it would be nice if they had better processing power to be smoother and snappier in operation, but that wont be any worse in the future than today. Radio is the radio, and with the connected stuff, that heavy lifting is done by the phone so not like the infotainment is going to get slower as phones and apps keep evolving.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree--Better to have the base system vs sync in your instance, I think.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's already possible to retrofit Sync 3 if not Sync 4 into a Maverick with the base system. There will likely be a larger screen option that fits in the coming years, complete with factory trim pieces to blend in - it's already coming to Escape and Corsair for 2023..

It's really just a matter of how much you're willing to spend, and if you choose to go OEM vs. aftermarket.

KFBR392

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go check out infotainment systems on fully loaded $100,000 cars from 10 years ago and see how well they’ve aged because they can’t do CarPlay or AA. They’re useless, clunky e-waste now. As long as you have CarPlay or AA, you’ll have futureproof infotainment. Ford Edge is, and always has been, total ass though. CarPlay forever.
Sponsored