Sponsored

Retractable bed cover

Stuart911

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello purchased new Maverick xlt fx4 added spray in bedliner now thinking of adding retractable tonneau cover with locking option but more costly than soft or hard roll up 150-600
Sponsored

 

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Threads
37
Messages
1,988
Reaction score
2,524
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello and welcome to MTC. Congratulations on your Maverick. On the retractable cover I would pass personally. I watched a truck King video showing a Santa Cruz comparison. Well it was in the winter and in Canada it was frozen. They couldn't open it. Here in Northern Michigan I can see it happening here as well. Call me crazy but when I need to use my truck bed, I plan on using it. I decided on a hard trifold tonneau cover instead. You know I probably wouldn't have even thought of that if I didn't see it in a video. Real glad I did though. I can't imagine paying that money out and then frozen shut, I would have been pissed to say the least.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Threads
64
Messages
5,704
Reaction score
6,330
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome and congratulations on getting your Maverick. Truth be told, I hadn't thought about the retractable cover freezing up. (Thank you, @Hunters Edge). If you're in an area prone to freezes, then by all means avoid the retractable. I have the hard tri-fold and it's just a matter of releasing clips using a pull wire. I like the hard tonneau because it can support a load if you need a place to temporarily put an item while you're re-arranging the bed, etc. Whatever one you decide, make sure it comes with a good warranty.
 
OP
OP
Stuart911

Stuart911

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello purchased new Maverick xlt fx4 added spray in bedliner now thinking of adding retractable tonneau cover with locking option but more costly than soft or hard roll up 150-600
thanks,didnt think of that weather here is flex of course spring/summer/fall/winter sometimes severe cold temps plus hard fold type would save me 450 and just purchased a 32k truck the retractable type just sorta looked cool with either combo or key locking options even led lights but on eBay-amazon start around 130-300
 
OP
OP
Stuart911

Stuart911

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks,didnt think of that weather here is flex of course spring/summer/fall/winter sometimes severe cold temps plus hard fold type would save me 450 and just purchased a 32k truck the retractable type just sorta looked cool with either combo or key locking options even led lights but on eBay-amazon start around 130-300

but also i did get the locking tailgate option and don't plan on carrying values just odd/ends as needed since traded in my 2024 escape suv
 

Sponsored

MavStangVa

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
3,204
Location
Here, There, and Everywhere
Vehicle(s)
2024 LARIAT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stuart welcome to the herd from a fellow Virginia resident. I have a Rough Country low profile hard tri-fold flip up cover. Snow and ice of last winter was no issues with it. Soft wash brush pushed it off the cover. I will warn you to get water to not drain into the bed at the rear window bulkhead takes some work. The Rough Country is fine and has grown on me, it serves the purpose, but a year ago I would have said avoid it.
 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,103
Reaction score
5,604
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Bienvenido Welcome greetings from the #cancunbadlands
 

Rickthetech

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Rick
Joined
May 19, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
40
Reaction score
22
Location
Florida
Website
www.ricktherovingtech.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to MTC.
I have a 24 Lariat. I initially started with a Roll up vinyl cover. A year sheet purchase it started showing wear thru at the fist fold point..I got tied off having to stretch and pull the sides down to keep it tight. It kept the bed nice and dry. But it was a pain to use, as described above.
I changed it out to the Rough Country Trifold, flip up for maximum storage. With an extra very compressible foam at the cab. It keeps the bed nice and dry! I also added highly compressible foam at the tailgate edges to add dust protection.. having the cover nearly a year now. I'M very happy with it..
It was about $850 if I recall correctly. But worth every penny of it!

Cheap gets cheap results..
 

jfgesquire

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
43
Reaction score
63
Location
Hamburg, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this one from eBay for my 2025 Lariat Hybrid. I've had it for a year now, and other than needing a little grease for the gears in these cold, salty Buffalo winters, the cover itself looks great over one year in.

My son just drove it from Buffalo to Rochester for a show with his band, full of amplifiers, guitars, and his girlfriend. He got 40mpg on the NYS Thruway. It's got a combination lock and while that lock is not great security, it is probably enough of a deterrent in the public space he's in today.

Some water does get in around the tailgate, but the bed floor ridges are enough to keep the water away from the gear. There's no leaks anyplace else.

https://ebay.io/m/sUIEvO

Ford Maverick Retractable bed cover Screenshot_20261003-110150_Gallery
 

Realtruck

Well-known member
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Joined
Apr 28, 2022
Threads
78
Messages
585
Reaction score
762
Location
Ocala FL
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Welcome to the forum!

There's a variety of tonneau cover options to fit your budget and your build. Depending on what you primarily use the truck for, I'd be honored to get you into the right one for your new Maverick.

We've got forum exclusive promotions available, and offer white glove service for our forum customers- from industry expert knowledge, to shipping, installation, warranty support and beyond. DM me or email me at [email protected] any time!
 
Sponsored
OP
OP
Stuart911

Stuart911

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
leaning now toward either soft/hard tri-fold type's
soft fold finding around 100-150 ebay,amazon,walmart
hard fold adds maybe another 100.00 not sure which is better.
guess depends on material,weight,ease of removal,water and uv
more sort of just tight on budget and not really needing one mostly maybe for looks or gas
then might have to add or find help with install
 
OP
OP
Stuart911

Stuart911

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Decided to purchase a MOSTPLUS soft tri fold tonneau through Amazon for 150 so going to give it a try and save having to pay for installation and purchased extra weather stripping the hard fold looks better but through ebay and Walmart cost 285 so save around 180 and if needed can take off and store it in back seat or upgrade later still getting use to driving my new truck steering seems tight and drove okay to work tonight trying to figure how or if can add appls like Google and move sites and so many from phone plus suggestions for ford make information screen rotate and flex plus access spare tire from the bed instead of going underneath also not sure if fan of short style door handles and under steering wheel that area has some type of material that's like loose fabric

Link - https://www.amazon.com/MOSTPLUS-Tri-Fold-Compatible-Maverick-Fleetside/dp/B0BNKNKW7V

Ford Maverick Retractable bed cover 20261008_152152


Ford Maverick Retractable bed cover 20261008_152202


Ford Maverick Retractable bed cover 20261008_152318
 
OP
OP
Stuart911

Stuart911

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Stuart
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also forget storage area behind information screen could use a cover anything inside would get hot melt and more in direct sunlight
Sponsored

 
 







Top