2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This will be my first truck. I know that I want a tonneau cover. I'll be using the bed mostly for groceries and luggage. I doubt that I'll be using it for any large hauling. With that in consideration, I'm leaning towards a retractable bed cover rather than a roll-up or folding one. Does anyone have any experience with a retractable cover? Some that I have seen are linked below, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

2022 Ford Maverick | RetraxONE MX - Matte Finish| Retrax Retractable Truck Bed Cover

2022 Ford Maverick | M-Series (rollnlock.com)
Sponsored

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m actually looking at the RetraxPro MX cover. My wife convinced me to get the Pro model instead because of the aluminum construction and the better warranty. Itā€™s a pricey tonneau but I hope itā€™ll be worth it.

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robdaman.com
Vehicle(s)
Mav
I'm waiting for my Roll n Lock A series to arrive then i'll be doing an install vid and review.

I've owned Retrax on 2 other trucks and it's a great tonneau but I wanted a smaller canister since the bed is so much shorter.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm waiting for my Roll n Lock A series to arrive then i'll be doing an install vid and review.

I've owned Retrax on 2 other trucks and it's a great tonneau but I wanted a smaller canister since the bed is so much shorter.
I took a look at those and they wonā€™t allow the use of the factory tie down tracks in my bed and instead suggest the optional Cargo Manager thatā€™s $299.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve used the RetraxPro MXs on my Raptorā€™s and now my ā€˜22 TRX. There is no other cover Iā€™d run on them.

I would not use them on the Maverick due to its very small bed as youā€™ll cut the usable bed space down ~a foot in length and youā€™ll likely only have a foot under the canister..

Take a good look at the canister to determine if you are willing to lose that space..

I will run a high-quality hard, trifold cover..

Good luck

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought about a retractable one but for half price I could get the best hard folding cover and have all my bed available at anytime. I trust a hard folder cover over a rollable one for longevity. The less bends/moving parts the better. You would be able to easily load luggage and groceries under either cover. I understand the retractable ones are cool. If youā€™re stuck on the retractable one my vote is to go with the smallest consistent like stated above. Good luck šŸ‘
Sponsored